Varsity Jackets

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by themotleyshopper • Apr 12, 2013.

1. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I feel old...and I'm not THAT old, LOL. I was looking at some of the new fashion trends this morning and repeatedly came across images of Varsity Jackets like the one below (borrowed from Style Bloggers):

style-bloggers-varsity-jackets.

It's not horrible, however, I feel there are other trends (colored pants), that I'd be willing to model. Varsity jackets are personally something I would not wear, so it got me wondering, who would? Would you wear a Varsity Jacket because it's the new "up and coming" fashion? What are your thoughts?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I think they do look cute when styled but to me tis is just not a fashion trend.
    I used to wear one in high school because I was actually part of a sports team but I would always never wear it casually.
    I guess a varsity jacket to me will always remain one(haha). I don't find it stylish at all.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love wearing varsity jackets, I think they're pretty classy actually. They're like denim jeans basically that they won't exactly phase out because people would still buy them any time of the year even in the years to come. I even think it's a must-have in every closet.

4. Kam735

Kam735Member

Threads:
    I love it so much. I rarely wear jackets but I just can't resist with this one. I love that there are so many cut/colours/variation of varsity jackets nowadays. I guess thanks to Riccardo Tisci for making it trendy.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Varsity jackets are very popular in the US, the hip hop stars are wearing them. Varsity jackets are starting to become popular over here in the UK as well. I don't like them personally, I would never wear one. Dehen make the best Varsity jackets, though.

6. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I love that everyone has different opinions. I could never be in the fashion industry. I'll think something is "off", and it will turn out to be a huge trend :) LOL, Anna! I had one too and I wore it proudly (even though it was an awful maroon color!). It's just not something I would wear now. I will wear a denim jacket now and then.