Vegan?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by isabbbela • Jun 28, 2016.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think in our country remaining a perfect vegan is not possible but in other countries vegans and vegetarians can trust restaurants for the food they eat. I have been in touch with strict vegans and find it too tough to follow their rules. They eat or drink no dairy products, honey or butter. They live purely on vegetables produced in specific conditions. I guess that is hard for a commoner.

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I am a vegetarian and cooking is my passion. Generally I don't like to eat and drink outside as I am very concerned about hygiene factors. But I can make quick dishes that are fully vegetarian and tasty. I think being vegetarian is a not hard thing to do. In fact I was a non-vegetarian around 15 years ago. Then switched over to vegetarian diet and never looked back. The major benefit I am feeling is a mental peace and somewhat a calmness inside. According to scientists non-veg foods like red meat can even affect us psychologically.

But being a vegan is not my cup of tea. I consume dairy products like curd, butter milk etc. and can't live without them. They are one of the main sources of proteins and vitamins.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried to go vegan for a day, it wasn't easy for me I felt like someone who was missing actual meals. I would like a combination of more vegetables and fish and very little of meat. Not sure I can go all out to be a vegetarian. I prefer eating more of fish to meat or beef, don't like too much of meat. I can go with fish but not sure of vegetables alone.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually it is all about your dietery habits that you develop right from your childhood. I live in a country where almost 50% population is vegetarian so I did not find it difficult to give up non-vegetarian food about 12 years before.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a vegan for one week in the year, during the Holy Week as an observance of Catholics. It is not really a religious activity for me but to detox my body. Eating only vegetables and fruits cleanses my body and I owe my good health to that annual practice. Maybe if I would be a vegan my health would improve more. However, there are so many nice foods that I don't want to deprive myself of so I remain omnivore, I eat anything.