Vegans Ethics

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Denis Hard • Jul 28, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Vegans don't eat any animal-derived products. They actually believe eating an egg is cruelty in itself because you're 'murdering' the chick that would have been hatched from that egg, that's assuming the egg was fertile.

Since vegans need different alternatives to animal products to balance out their diets, do they spend more on food than the rest of us folks who don't mind consuming both animals and other products obtained from them?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure most vegans know they aren't eating baby chicks. It's more about how the animals are treated and they don't want to contribute to the mass cruelty these poor animals are going through. Cows may not die to give you milk, but they are forever impregnated to keep it flowing, pumped full of crap and made to stand forever while their utters are yanked and pulled all day long. Just imagine the infection that goes into the milk before it's put through all it's processing. So yummy.. dead infection and pus all over our cereal in the morning.

I'm sure I don't have to get into how the chickens are treated, it's all over the net. And all of these animals are beaten and kicked around, crushed and thrown; pretty much tortured in so many ways their entire lives. THAT is why vegans don't eat the foods they produce and in the end.. yes, they've died for it.

It's a disgusting, revolting, terribly cruel industry. I don't eat meat and if I eat eggs it's from a local place where I can see exactly how the animals are treated. They're happy, the lay eggs, they eat all day and soak up the sun. My "diet" which isn't a diet, but the normal way for a human to eat; I just don't like meat and I'm now supremely turned off of it because of what the animals go through. What was I saying? Oh right lol.. my diet is cheaper than the days when I ate grocery store foods.

#2Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    That is why you do not buy from major stores and stuff. You can buy from farmers, and majority of the animals are not treated that way and the chickens are definitely not treated that way. Also, a lot of people back in days before the world was "civilized" ate meat and breads mainly. So, saying that is how a human is suppose to eat isn't really fair. It is a healthier and cheaper way to eat yes.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I said is I eat the way a human is supposed to eat (real food), I just don't like eating meat now. I didn't say it's not human to eat meat. I also stated I eat from local farmers where the animals are treated humanely.. again, I just don't eat their meat.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My youngest sister is "true" vegan. My mother is a vegan by diet only. I have flirted with veganism off and on though I was never a true vegan. By true I mean no clothes or accessories made with animal skins, no animal testing products, etc. My youngest sister was thinking about becoming a vegan after reading a book called " A Diet or a New American," but really made the switch after my dad died of cancer. At first, it was hard for her to adjust because it really was a thing back then. She really did talk about food a lot. Now, there are tons of vegan restaurants and such. There's a whole subculture in California. It's not unusual to be vegan.

6. Adrianna

AdriannaNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think you end up spending more money as a vegan. An chicken egg is basically an embryo. The other thing that goes on that really got me is what they do with the male chicks. They don't want them so somebody stands there and sorts them out. The baby male chicks are put on a conveyor belt and dropped into a grinder, ALIVE. You want to put your money towards eggs that come from a place that does that. You are basically saying that you agree with that by buying it. These places won't let anybody come in and video their facilities anymore because of the documentaries being made.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow.. that was a while ago. I could have sworn this was more recent. My stance has changed on this though. I don't eat ANY animal products now and I don't even think the normal "humane" practices are all that humane. I still feel the same about eggs from local,small sources.. if they're treated like pets, why not.. the eggs aren't fertile anyway. Not sure if there is anything inhumane about it, but not that I'm aware of. Regardless though, meat is a terrible industry. And I put dairy right up there with it. No mother, no matter what species, enjoys having her babies stolen from her over and over and over again, or producing enough milk to feed an army (ouch!) or being forcibly impregnated her entire life, or dying young when she can't produce anymore. They can live till they're twenty or so? I think that's what I read. But they live until they're 4 or 5. Beautiful creatures.. they don't deserve this.