Vegetable Spiralizer V. Julienne Slicer

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Zyni • Feb 16, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am really interested in a new gadget. Well, maybe it's not so new to some people, but I only recently heard about it. Have you heard of a vegetable spiralizer? Since I'm eating a lot more vegetables and whole foods and trying to limit bad carbs (like pasta), I think one of these would be pretty cool.

They vary in price, but then I recently saw a post where someone said a Julienne slicer would do the same thing but costs a lot less. The latter does make skinnier spirals, but I always preferred angel hair pasta anyway, so I'm thinking this could work. Sounds like a good way to save money and still get what I want.

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I bought a julienne slicer to save money and it does the same thing! The only negative is that it takes a while to do it, but it can be done. I feel like the spiralizer gives you thicker pasta and might be easier to do.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Okay, cool, @steph84@steph84. Thanks for letting me know how it worked out for you. I don't mind a little extra effort if it saves money.

I have to be careful when it comes to gadgets, because they sound really cool, so I get tempted by them. I do try to look out for other comparable options that cost less, and this seems like a good compromise, after seeing your input.

I actually prefer thinner pasta anyway. I always liked angel hair better than regular spaghetti.

I can't wait to get one and try out one of these now. I've seen some for very reasonable prices.

4. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Glad to know that a julienne slicer can do the same thing. I'm considering getting a hand held spiralizer because it's cheaper than a stand alone one and to also save space in my kitchen. Now I need to do a little research on some of the hand held julienne slicers, so I'll be able to make my final decision.