Vegetarianism To Saves Money

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Jani • Apr 15, 2016.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    The last time I check, Meat is much more cheaper than Chia seeds, tempeh, spirulina and other Vegan foods. In Alaska, going Vegan is financial suicide because vegetables have the price of gold there. People survive by raising animals and hunting.

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan I agree with you that rates of vegetables are on the higher side in certain countries. For instance, the vegetable sellers give coriander leaves and green chilli for free when we buy other vegetables but these are costliest in Australia. I was surprised to see the rate card $70 a kg for green chilli and and a small bunch of coriander leaves for $12. I agree other vegetables like tomato is also too costly @$6 a kg which is only 40 cents back in my home country.

#42Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't eat vegetables to save money because vegetables in our place sometimes cost even more than meat! I eat veggies for health reasons and except probably for saving on cooking time, I spend as much money for cooking vegetables as when I do when cooking meat. I'm raising some vegetables in my little home garden but they're not enough to feed my family and I can't serve the few variety repeatedly or I'll end up boring my child and myself. I think that eating a filling yet inexpensive food like rice helps us save money in general and helps us avoid eating too much meat.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I bet that I could save a lot of money if I made the switch and started to substitute in beans for everything. I have actually had this plan in the back of my mind for some time now so it may just happen one of these days.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am all smiles reading your posts because vegetables are the cheapest commodity back in my home country and beans which are sold at a very price in western world are one of the cheapest ones. In fact we have different varieties of beans in our own backyard and my wife experiments them on back of roof in containers and poly-bags.

6. Aaliyah Montes

Aaliyah MontesNew Member

Threads:
    I totally agree that being a vegetarian can really save much money. It does not just let you save more money but definitely will give you a better shape and surely, you will have good health as well. I believe it really have so much benefits for us specially in our generation today where many franchise businesses and fast food chains are scattered around the city. Thus, its better to have a backyard gardening so that you can just pick fresh veggies outside your home and save a lot of money from it.

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If I want to become a vegetarian I'll be doing that by choice and not with the aim to save money on food. A situation where you'd love to keep consuming meat but due to cost you decided to turn a vegetarian in my view does not properly qualify you as genuine vegetarian. I am not a vegetarian, I do know that a lot is spent buying meat, which makes me agree that good hundreds of dollars could be saved annually on food if you are vegetarian.

8. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Becoming Vegetarian to save money is not applicable for everyone as there are regions on earth where vegetables are more expensive. Also Many Vegetarians replaces meat with "Artificial meats like tempeh and tofu are very expensive. Also think about all the supplements you need to take because you will have deficiency in Taurine and Iron.

9. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Well you embark on eating veggies for the sake of saving money. It is a good plan. And you want to have a garden of your own. This is another way of saving money. There is a lot of money saving job when doing such things.

I am both veggies and meat eater. But I eat much vegetables and fruits than that of poultry and meat products. Vegans in particular eat veggies and fruits and refrain from eating meats and eggs.