Velvet manicure

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by maddie • Dec 3, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried it yet? It does look different? However, I am not sure if it can be kept clean or has staying power.. but may be worth the curiosity.

Velvet-Manicure-green-blue-combo.Original+Sugar+Velvet+Manicure.JPG

#1Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    That is so weird looking. If I saw someone with "velvet" nails I think I might be afraid, lol! I never get my nails done because I use my hands way to much and aside from getting messed up right away, I can get lacquer scuff marks on stuff and that doesn't work for me. I do like to get a pedicure when I can, but I'm not putting that stuff on my toes, lol!

3. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I really do not like these. I've never seen them around, but I wouldn't be surprised if I saw them. They're just not my style at all. To me, it looks like a child's arts & crafts project went wrong and got stuck on your nails instead! The green makes it look like it's moss growing on your fingernails. I personally don't like the look because it looks very messy compared to what I like (which is a very clean, whether it's a nude/French manicure look or a bright colors one - it just needs to look clean and smooth).

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like them either... but then again, maybe it's just because of the texture combined with the color? I wonder if I would react the same way if I saw, say, a red velvet manicure?

5. retnam

retnamMember

Threads:
    That's a little too strange for me. I'd stick to matte finishes for a different look. I think OPI's new Mariah Carey collection has a textured polish...it's like a matte glitter I think. I would not try the mani in the OP...what happens when you wash your hands...

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    LOL :) just what I expected.. it does look odd.. I didn't like it either.. I don't think I would try it .. way to crazy for my tastes. It does look like a child's craft project gone wrong.. but trust me .. people have written rave reviews about it.. :D

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They do look different and not in a good way. I would never do that to my nails and would be freaked if I saw someone with these nails. They don't seem very practical. I use my hands to cook and clean. I don't think they would hold up.

8. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    Wow those are truly something different don't know if i would personally get them might be a waste for me cause im always doing things with my hands they might come off in less then 24 hours but they look cool.

9. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    This is my first time hearing (reading) about velvet nails. I had to enlarge the pictures you posted so that I could get a better look. After looking at them close up I have to say that I would definitely get this done. I like the way the green and blue colored nails look; to me, much better than the way the blue nails look. I like the color of the blue nails, but the work done (the craftsmanship, I guess one would call it) with the blue velvet looks just a tad bit messy to me; (kind of) cute color though.

Thanks for posting this. I'm sure I would have found out about velvet nails sooner or later, but you have brought it to my attention "sooner". I like the look. I think it is something fun, definitely different. This is not going to be something that is everyone's cup of tea, but then again, what is??:)

Although this velvet look does not at all seem practical for day-to-day wear (at least not for me and my lifestyle), I would not hesitate to get it done for a semi-special occasion, like lunch out with the girls, or something like that. Or, I would get it done just for fun, like on a weekend. Of course I would get the velvet done in a color that I like, or in a color that would match a specific outfit that I planned to wear.

#9Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  10. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    It looks really strange and impractical. I wouldn't like to have nails like that. In my opinion, traditional nail polishes are enough.

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    There is this suede nail polish that Avon is offering.. I have tried it but does look much better than this .. the texture is nice and velvety and not like some fur stuck on your nails. I Think I will have a go at it sometime when I get my courage up... lol

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    This is something that is on "trend" right now and everyone is trying to have velvet nails all of a sudden. I personally like the look and I feel it can look very glamoures and elegant but at the same time I would never want that look on my nails.

13. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I've never seen a velvet manicure before, that's definitely new. It's odd that they call it a velvet manicure though, because it looks nothing like velvet. :p
    It doesn't look like it'd be easy to maintain and it doesn't look very pretty, I suppose. I'd never get one.