Verizon Customer Service Experience

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ReadWriteLearnLove • Apr 14, 2015.

1. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Last week, I had to have my router replaced by Verizon. They sent a new one and told me the return shipping label (to return the old router) would be included in the box. Probably an oversight, but the return label was not included, so I called Verizon to have them send me one. I assumed they would just email the label to me as that is what so many companies do nowadays. When the customer service rep told me he would have "the box sent out to me" I corrected him and said, oh no, I don't need a box, just the label. The man seriously started yelling at me and telling me I had to wait just like every other customer and I shouldn't expect special treatment. I was appalled. At first, I had no idea what he was talking about. I ended up hanging up on him because he refused to pass me to a supervisor (at my request to be transferred to a supervisor, he told me that he was as high as I would ever be able to reach and my problem was that I thought I was too privileged to follow the rules and therefore I would not speak to a supervisor...that is when I hung up and called back).

When I called back, the much nicer agent told me they did not have the technical capabilities to email shipping labels and one had to be sent to me. While I do wish they could simply email it to me, all the man had to do was explain that to me. I thought he misunderstood what I was asking for and was trying to send me another router. But, I never got the chance to explain nor did he bother to explain. Instead he immediately reacted in a very unprofessional (and downright rude) way.

Not cool, Verizon, not cool at all.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mobile companies are the WORSE at customer service! I have only had experiences with At&T and T-mobile, but my co-worker had a nightmare experience with Verizon where they overcharged her and it took several calls to their customer service to fix it.

3. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    OMG, this seems to be a trend lately. In another thread, a member complained about Cox about a lady slamming the phone on his face. Taking customers for granted, seems to be the order of the day. Well, as customers are we supposed to endure such pain? The best thing is to propagate their misdeeds and make their reputation take a beating.

You don't have to endure the pain in silence. If I were you, I will not. After all, I'm paying to avail the services.

Simply login your experience on the following website, an authentic one.

Also, login and report to US consumer redressal forum

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

Threads:
    My husband was sitting next to me while I was on the phone. He was actually trying to figure out how to use the voice recorder on his phone so he could record what was happening, but I finally just hung up before he could do it. I did call back the next day and asked for a supervisor to look at my account to see everyone I had spoken too, and then filed a complaint against the first agent and gave compliments for the second. I asked them to please please see if the call had been recorded on their end so that they'd know I wasn't exaggerating.

On another note...the shipping label in which I called about finally arrived yesterday...In a huge box. I'm not kidding, I measured the box. It was 2.5 feet x 2.5 feet x 1 foot, and stuffed with bubble wrap...all for one UPS shipping label that measures 4 inches by 8.5 inches. What a waste! I think my internet and cable bills would be cut in half if Verizon spent less on waste like this!

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Call centers are very stressful, so I usually try to cut them a little bit of slack, unless they are doing stuff to annoy me like persistently trying to upsell me crap that I don't want, after declining it multiple times. The general public are no joy to talk to either over the phone and if you think the employees are bad you should try talking to customers. Often times they are "multitasking" and keep telling you to "hold on" while they go carry a 10 minute conversation on with someone else, or they are speaking terribly themselves, or have no common sense about anything.

In many cases, these call center employees don't have any authority or means to do anything other than enter some requests in from their computer - they can't just get up and go chit chat with the higher-ups in their company and make special arrangements.

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

Threads:
    I wasn't asking for special arrangements or being rude. I understand customers can be very irritating, I've worked in customer service myself. However, that doesn't give call center employees free reign to be jerks to everyone simply because they ask a question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't customer service there to answer questions? Or are we supposed to just go along with whatever they say because they determine whether or not we have common sense? I think not. I wanted to speak to his superior to report the way he conducted business. It was unprofessional and wrong and he should be held accountable -- just as if he worked in any other service.

7. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I always try to remember they are only human. Everybody has a bad day now and again. Some people just take their bad mood too far and punish the wrong people for whatever's bothering them. I have worked with people since I was 16. I had bad days, and I did lose my temper a few times, but when I did I handled it in private and never let the people witness it. If you can't keep it together then you need a different job.

8. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry. No. If a "bad day" now and again affects your work in CUSTOMER SERVICE, you need a new job. It is unacceptable. And unfortunately, there's not enough competition to make it stop. People aren't going to switch companies for a couple bad experiences like this when, for example, Verizon has the best coverage in their area.

That said, I did switch out of the big cell phone giants 2 years ago, for this and price reasons. We now use Long Wireless (Page Plus) which uses Verizon towers, but is not connected otherwise to Verizon. (Probably it is in some way but at least I can pretend not to know.)

I can't stand the cell phone internet giants. Cox cable is bad. Time warner is bad. AT&T is the WORST. Ugh.