Vet Insurance

Discussion in Other Insurance Type started by Ke Gordon • May 21, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't ever had this, but I think it would be useful, especially if I get a dog, which I am considering. What is the most affordable vet insurance and what does it cover? Do all vets take it? Those who have pets know, frequently it is more expensive to take your pet to the vet, than it is to go to the human doctor.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have been spending so much for the health of our dogs. In fact, even if there is nothing wrong with them, we still summon the vet (he makes house calls) for a routine checkup. That vet insurance would be good for us for surely it can save us the expenses in the checkups. Like the hospital insurance of humans, it is best to have peace of mind especially those concerning expenditures.

3. Dilof

DilofMember

Threads:
    You really need to buy insurance for your dog or cat or any animal for that matter. Recently my dog had pus buildup in her womb which was slowly killing her. She had to have her entire womb removed which cost £800... It would've been covered by insurance at least with monthly payments but we had to pay £800 upfront with no monthly installments. This just shows you the importance of neutering your dog also.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    oh yeah, that is very important. I think some vet insurances are pretty affordable. Except I believe they vary in what they cover, also it is possible just like with human insurance, not every yet is going to take every kind of insurance. I think before buying, it needs to be determined that your vet takes your insurance.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    A vet insurance is a matter of choice. Is quite useful for the unexpected disease a dog or cat could have. But in the other hand, if you have healthy mutts these are a bit unnecesary since some common vaccines are not that expensive and properly care of a pet is not rocket science either. I would really feel a great deal of awe towards anyone with the commitment of taking care of a pet in needs of daily treatment due to a lifetime condition or similar. Most people just send their pets like that to sleep.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am impressed at how much insurance policies have expanded these days. If before, you can only get coverage for your home, car and children's education, now you can get insurance for pretty much anything that involves financial risks.

There are not many insurance companies offering vet insurance in my native country. However, should an opportunity present itself in the future, I'd be more than willing to take on the costs. We pet owners don't realize it but treating and caring for pets every time they get sick can be a heavy burden on pet owners' pockets.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Here in East Africa, I have not heard of vet insurance. I would only consider this if I was in possession of a specialty dog which costs a fortune. Not to trivialise life, every dog should have insurance in order to cater for emergencies when they arise. In my area, some people are cruel and I witnessed a relative throwing a machete at a hapless dog innocently passing by with the intention of cutting its leg.