Viber: Free calls and messages for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and Windows Phone

Discussion in Product Reviews started by addicted_buyer • Jun 5, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Source + download links:

Here's an explaining video:

[video=youtube;0nQN5w5ct_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0nQN5w5ct_E[/video]

2. summerRain

summerRainMember

Threads:
    I have that application on my iphone and I can say that it really works! I love the app because I can communicate for free even though the person that I am texting/calling to is not located in my country. I saved a lot of money because of this app.

3. iamPIN

iamPINNew Member

Threads:
    Viber for BlackBerry does not have the free calls feature just yet. I have it installed on my smartphone the minute it got available on App World. I woud say that when the time comes thai can already make free calls using viber, BBM will be history for me!:)

4. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Hey iamPIN! Same here for me! I also got Viber on my Bold the moment it was released and am eagerly waiting for the free calls feature to be fully functional. This has saved me a great deal of money on phone bills for making calls to people overseas and the quality is really as good as advertised! I've never had my connection dropped before! As soon as the app is fully functional, it'll probably be replacing both BBM and whatsapp!

5. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    So...the calls that you make from smartphone to smartphone that have the app installed don't count against your monthly minimum allotment? How does it work? Do the calls route over a wi-fi connection or as a data connection over 3G? How do you find other Viber subscribers? Does the app have a monthly charge? I have an iPhone and an expensive data/voice plan that I use, but think this might be a viable solution to change my plan.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Judging from the comments here, this app only works for iphones? Too bad then! I'm planning to get myself an Android phone, I wonder if they now work on all the phones as advertised above?

7. kristinaw

kristinawNew Member

Threads:
    I know SO many people who use Viber these days. I use it myself. I love that I can make free calls to anyone on the Viber network. I think it should be universal that all calls are free these days.