Victoria Secret Horror!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by liquidfuzzy • Jul 13, 2015.

1. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    I was recently pregnant and I was looking for some comfy but still sexy and cute stuff. Basically I wanted to treat myself since I felt kind of ugly, fat, and gross at that stage of my pregnancy. I chose to go to Victoria's Secret, looking for an open front nighty or some bras and panties.

I walked in to the store and a woman seriously bee-lined over to me. "How can I help you?" I told her what I was looking for and she looked me up and down and smirked. She then placed her hand on my shoulder and "guided" me to this rack of pajama pants and t-shirts. "Here. Let's find you something a little more... forgiving."
    It hurt my feelings! It took every bit of womanhood I had to say no thanks and just walk out. Later on I called their corporate office and was offered coupons which I declined because I was being a foolish, hormonal cow. I definitely should have taken those babies! I sure could use a disgustingly overpriced yet amazingly comfortable boob sling now that it has been a while since I've given birth!

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely you had to take those coupons either for yourself or to resell to someone and have out of that horror experience something positive.

I can't believe how people like that who attended you at the store have no sensibility to treat customers the right way.

More than a reprimand, I would expect to get that woman fired. She deserved it.

3. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    a lot of customer service employees aren't taught that 'customer" is the most important word. They start to think they are doing the customer a favor, rather than the customer is the only reason they have a job.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Victoria's Secret is not the only game in town. They have some nice designer lingerie marked down at Marshall's ,Ross, TJ Maxx, etc. I haven't been inside a Victoria's Secret in years because I'm allergic to overpaying for anything.
    I don't know about your local TJ Maxx etc.,but I've always gotten good customer service at Maxx and their sister stores.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    …Wow. That’s insensitive, to say the least. I’m proud of you for walking out, no one deserves to be treated that way. Although it would have been kind of sadly funny if you’d accepted the coupons and then sold them to someone else, but it’s probably best you didn’t do that either. Attractive lingerie can definitely be found elsewhere, and for comparable prices if not cheaper.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm really sorry you had to go through that, I hope you know that her comment says much more about her than it ever could about you.

Even if you had taken the vouchers, whatever you bought with them wouldn't have lasted long anyway, VS is overpriced tat!

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    That store scares me, I don't think I could even go in there. I've heard some good things about their bras, but not worth the price. That is so unacceptable for an employee to treat someone like that. It should never matter what the customers current shape is, they are to be assisted in finding what they are looking for, not guided away from what they want to something they do not want.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They do have some nice products, but they're way overpriced. I couldn't believe it when my 17 year old niece recently claimed she 'needed' the newest $50 bra from Victoria's Secret.

I hope the corporate office has revamped their customer service training since you reported the incident. I can't imagine what the clerk was thinking to treat you that way. There is a lot of Victoria's Secret sold at lower prices on eBay, and as people have stated above, there are plenty of other lingerie shops and products out there, and many have lower prices. I do like the VS perfumes, although I haven't smelled them in a while. Those also can be purchased on eBay usually.

9. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Awww, I wanted to give you a hug when I read that. No one should be subjected to such treatment. Having had four babies myself, I know all to well how you can feel like you need a little lift, especially at certain points in the pregnancy.

That clerk should be ashamed. I'm glad you reported it, even if you didn't accept the coupons. I hope that woman was taught how to behave better and provide better customer service.

For future reference, there are many lines of maternity lingerie available these days, and they're probably better than Victoria's Secret!

10. gh0st233

gh0st233Member

Threads:
    That's rude! The shop clerks can sometimes be very rude, and it's disgusting. You have every right to buy whatever you feel comfortable in, for whatever reasons you have. She has no right to take that away from you. You should have taken those coupons.

11. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I can't remember the last time I walked into a victorias secret and didn't feel judged. The staff apparently have never learned the meaning of "customer service". I guess they're hired because as long as they don't speak, they can convince people they're not ugly.

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That's incredibly rude of her, she should have been fired for that imo. Unfortunately some stores like this, and Abercrombie & Fitch, and others, can be really vain, snobbish and elitist. I've been to Victoria's Secret a few times in the past, because my sister liked the laundry detergent they sold there for delicate items. Of course they all gave me goofy looks like "what the hell are you doing in here?", but I assumed it was just because I'm a guy.

Even still, just because you may not look like a customer who would fit into their stuff or would even be interested in their stuff, doesn't mean you don't have a right to shop there. Who's to say if you were simply getting a gift for someone else? They shouldn't be so presumptuous like that, and really ought to mind their own business. Our money is as good as anyone elses.

I've also been snubbed at Abercrombie & Fitch, because I'm heavier set and they don't sell anything my size - I was just there to buy a bottle of their cologne, and the employees were giving me snotty looks.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you should definitely spread this story online. What a horrid way to treat a customer!!! And also unbelievably inconsiderate.... Imagine treating a pregnant girl this way... Pregnant women are known to be sensible, hormonal, we become delicate and fragile psychologically when we are pregnant and should be treated in a special way when going through this important and vulnerable phase of our lives...

14. lalacrazy

lalacrazyNew Member

Threads:
    Many hugs! I find that it so intimidating going into Victoria Secret and asking for advice/help and for her to treat you like that. What a terrible person. This made me so angry, she should have definitely been fired!!

15. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, I'm sorry but what a rude cow! I mean, you don't even have to have been trained in customer service to know that was certainly NOT the thing to say to someone who pays your wage. I hope she got a good rollicking for that behaviour. You certainly should have taken those vouchers to soothe the sting LOL

16. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How rude! I know places where this employee would have been sacked after such unprofessional behavior.
    I can't believe how arrogant some of these employees are, especially the ones in more expensive brands stores.
    But never mind, there are plenty of other fish in the sea. And you did well to call up and put in a complaint.
    Always take the coupons, no matter how much your pride has been hurt, as you deserve them.

17. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I've worked many cash registers in my time. And I have dealt with every kind of customer you can imagine. But I never looked down on anyone who came up to my counter. The fact is working a register, regardless of where, doesn't put you in a position to judge anyone... for any reason.

18. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I agree! I mean, I’ve never worked a register, but speaking from the other side, I know I’m much more likely to shop somewhere if the employees are friendly and kind. Catch more flies with honey than vinegar and all.

19. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    Wow that is very sad and very insensitive. A woman can be sexy at any size, whether it is being pregnant or carrying some extra weight. The store clerk had no right to be so rude and offensive. You definitely should have excepted those coupons and if you weren't so hurt you should have given that snotty store clerk a piece of your mind. Somebody like that shouldn't even be working in a place like Victoria Secrets! Not everybody has the perfect little body. Pregnancy is a beautiful thing and shouldn't have to be hidden behind lose shirt and pj bottoms!

20. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    You are SO right!! There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman. And this isn't just my opinion. It happens to be shared by a lot of people. There's nothing, however, sexy about a bad attitude attached to a Popsicle stick. Actually, theres nothing sexy about a bad attitude attached to anyone.