Victoria Secret

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Miaka_M • Jun 6, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    When I go to Victoria Secret, of course I sometimes run from those high prices, but then there are those times where you can find some really great deals. Well, recently I went into the store to buy delicate wears. I know that there are men working there as well, I don't mind them helping me out with the perfumes and creams, but I don't like the help when it comes to the delicates. I feel uncomfortable. Infact, I felt extremely uncomfortable and I ended up not buying the item.

I'm a girl who is more comfortable shopping for girl wear with women, unless its with my boyfriend.

What are your thoughts?

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I could care less if a man or woman helps me. The sales associates are probably helping so many people everyday that I doubt they think anything of it other than helping customers and getting through their shift. I am a little surprised VS hires so many men because I have a feeling my opinion is probably in the minority but I guess a good seller is a good seller!

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely wouldn't want a guy helping me out when it comes to choosing underwear! I have never been helped by a guy at Victoria's Secret before, but if I was I honestly would politely ask him to ask for a sales girl to help me instead. I don't think it's a normal setting for a guy to help girls pick out which panties they will buy! But to be honest I rarely ever need help at VS, unless I'm getting a new bra from a new line or something like that.

4. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    To be honest, I'm sure a male associate would be just as professional as a female. At the end of the day, they are just there to provide you with assistance as you go around and make your own purchases. I would try not to be too worried about it!

5. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    The Victoria Secret near me does not have male associates ,at least I have not seen one, working with the dedicates. I would also feel uncomfortable with male help. I would rather it be a lady because it makes you more comfortable. This is not an issue I have ever had to deal with when shopping at Victoria Secret.

6. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad that we're in the same shoes. I don't think its a normal setting at all. I mean, the fragrance, okay that's just fine, but not underwear. I normally don't need help in that section either haha, but the bras, yes.

Really? Then you would be surprised at the number of males working at the ones in my area ._. I would be more comfortable with a woman yes ^.^'

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's awkward to have a man help you choose a thong or demi bra, but they can't really discriminate based on gender when it comes to hiring because that's illegal.

I wonder what motivates a guy to want to work in a store that sells women's underwear. Is it desperation to find a job in today's tough economy or some kind of fetish for women's underwear?

8. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I have never seen a man working in a Victoria's Secret store. It has always been women. I do not think I would be comfortable with a man helping me shop for undergarments unless it was my husband. I don't think my husband would be comfortable with another man helping me shop for those items either!

I do love Victoria's Secret but I do have one complaint. They seem to think that the curvier a girl is or the larger in size she is, that she doesn't want or need cute undergarments. That is simply not the case! Sometimes I have to scrounge around for cute prints and I don't think that's fair.

9. thymeless

thymelessNew Member

Threads:
    Their online shoppings are not that appealing whatsoever, they've got HUGE delays on their orders, I'm talking from my - indirect - own experience. My wife orders products from their site on an almost daily basis, but she always complains about the fact that it gets almost 1 to 2 weeks to get to us. Come on, we're not isolated here in Connecticut, or are we?
    Anyway, we still keep shopping with them because they offer overall great services, but I guess I should get in contact with them as soon as possible, because this kind of treatment is unnaceptable for my wife especially.

10. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    It really wouldn't make any difference to me who's selling me my underwear. However, I would prefer having a female associate help me, just because i think that a female associate would be more knowledgeable about the products that Victoria's Secret sells. But with that being said, if the guy is familiar with the product and can offer constructive advice on it, then I have no problem.

11. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't shopped at Victoria's Secret in a LONG time, but I remember when I did I too was afraid to check-out whenever there was a male sales associate. I choose not to shop there anymore because of their price (I can buy stuff for a lot cheaper and a lot more of them), but most of all I almost feel...judged when I go shop there because I'm not a stick-figure individual.

12. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, it use to embarrass me, but there is nothing to be ashamed of. He wears under I assume, he works there so he's seen panties, and I'm sure if he has a girlfriend he's seen panties. He is there to help you, and if you are uncomfortable ask if they can get a female to help you. Nothing in that store really bothers me anymore.