Vidal Sasson Salonist Permanent Hair Color Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by thatnewmommy • Feb 14, 2015.

1. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I received a box of Salonist in Light Gold Brown from Vidal Sasson to try out. Once I opened the box, I was pleased with what I saw: a tube, a small bottle, and a packet of product (I assumed what I'd be dying my hair with), a tube of conditioner, and (to my delight) a bowl, brush, and gloves (not the ordinary flimsy plastic ones).

Once I read the instructions twice (it's a me thing LOL) and detangled my hair, I put on the gloves and took on the role of professional hair colorist.

I was so into dying my roots first (it's part of the two-step process - roots first, then the rest of the hair), that I completely forgot to see the level of product when I mixed the first step. Let me explain: You must first mix the contents of tube 1 and bottle 1. You mix these in the cute bowl that's included and you'll use 3/4 of the mixed product on your roots. The bowl has a Handy line on the bottom so you know how much is 3/4. The remaining 1/4 you will use along with the contents of the packet labeled 2 for the rest of your hair.

My small issue though was that I didn't pay attention to how much product was originally in the bowl and as I was applying it to my roots, the level would keep changing as I dipped in the brush and picked up product. I realized I didn't pay attention to the level when I was halfway through my roots and didn't see that much product left in the bowl. So, I advise to pay attention to the level of the product before you start applying. It doesn't have to be exact of course; you can eyeball it.

After waiting the recommended amount of time, I went on to the rest of my hair. Easy. Then, all I had to do was wait a little longer, rinse, shampoo, and use the conditioning treatment included. (Which, btw, has enough product for at least 4 weekly treatments with my hair. WIN.)
    Pre-Vidal Sassoon Salonist my hair was a mess. Well, it wasn't really a mess. It just had a homemade "ombre" effect. LOL Plus, my ends were faded green. (Admittedly, my hair needed serious trimming.) To be completely honest, I didn't think Salonist would fix the ombre effect, but it did (to my relief). A quick trim and my hair felt and looked new! I plan on trying Salonist again but in a shade of red I saw they had and fell in love with!