Viggle Anyone?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by olorien • Sep 22, 2012.

1. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I recently downloaded and started to use an app called Viggle to my android phone. I haven't learned all the tricks to using it yet, but so far have over 6,000 points. I got a 4,000 bonus for being a directv customer to begin with. Basically, I park my phone in front of the tv, check in at the beginning of a show, and that's it. Sometimes there are bonuses or short surveys for extra points. I need to learn more to get the most out of this, so help me if you can!

2. koelha10

koelha10Member

Threads:
    I have also just started using this app. I don't know much about it either as it seems information on it is very difficult to find. So far I am doing fairly well too, however I have not tried to redeem yet. I guess the test will be to see if it actually pays out.

3. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard of this app, but I do not use it because I do not have cable. However, I have done some research on it and it seems like a good app to have if you have cable and want to make a little extra cash by watching your favorite t.v. shows. I do know that there are many apps that reward you on your mobile phone. I am so happy that these apps exist.

4. koelha10

koelha10Member

Threads:
    Ok so I have been using the app for awhile now and so far so good. I watch a lot of tv anyway so I might as well "check-in" and get points for it anyway. The check-in process is very quick and easy and while the points needed to claim a reward seemed daunting at first, I'm finding that they add up very quick. I would suggest checking into a show you have some knowledge of when you notice it in the featured section with a "play along with viggle" orange icon on it. This trivia game can give you tons of points and it's not too time consuming.

5. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    You do not need cable at all. Sure, you may get more points if you're a DirecTV customer, but you can still use the app and get some points. A lot of the bonus shows (where you get extra points for checking in) are all "regular" TV shows on network channels. I use it every time I'm watching TV. It's honestly a great app. Since I started, I got myself a $25 gift card for Amazon (which I saved up so I can use it to buy Christmas presents) and about $20 in Starbucks gift cards. When I like to treat myself to Starbucks, now I don't have to pay for it.

6. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I just started using this and really don't watch much tv, but I've still racked up 10,000 in about 10 days. That's enough for a $5 gift card. I actually like the trivia, and if you watch football, it's really easy to get bonus points.

7. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    It absolutely pays out. I've gotten one $25 gift card for Amazon and seven $5 gift cards for Starbucks. I haven't paid for Starbucks in quite some time because that's all I use my Viggle points for! The nice thing with Viggle is that as soon as you redeem, you can actually get your gift card. For instance, for my Starbucks ones - I redeem my points for a Starbucks gift card. I get an e-mail from Viggle immediately that tells me my gift card number. I log into my Starbucks and transfer the Viggle $5 to my Starbucks card - easy, peasy! I can use it immediately at Starbucks. Actual items obviously take time since they need to be processed, then shipped.

8. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using this for awhile now and have learned a lot from a forum at slickdeals. Those kind folks post daily shows that pay extra plus a lot of helpful information that help with racking up points faster. I recently cashed in for 3 Sephora gift cards. This has to be the most fun, easiest way to make money I've come across.

9. sulliman

sullimanNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I downloaded Viggle for my iphone yesterday. It's my new favorite app. I've only used it for a day and already have over 800 points. I guess that means I watch too much TV. Anyways, I just received an email that states they are now offering Amazon gift cards for redeeming points. I can't wait to have enough points for a gift card. A trick is to watch TV shows that are listed on their website, because you will receive around 50 extra bonus points.

10. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Amazon gift cards were always part of the catalogue, but the problem was that Viggle has a very limited supply. So people would know this, stock up on their points, and get as many as they could when the Amazon cards came back. I guess this method of having the Amazon gift cards come out at 7PM EST every couple of days can prevent an overload.

Another thing to remember is that while you're watching shows, you can get bonus points for watching advertisements. Some are 5 points, but some can be 200 points. It's totally random. The bonus points for certain shows is a really easy way to rack up the points, too.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    This is amazing! Too bad I don't have a super smart phone. Where did you download the app from? Just an app store on your phone? I am wondering if I can put it on my computer and use it. Thanks so much for the tip!

12. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I downloaded it from the App Store on my iPhone. It works on Android phones, as well as tablets and iPod Touch. I am not sure if you are able to use a computer, though.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I hadn't heard of it until now, you people make it sound like it's a good app! So, basically, you're asked to "check in" every time a TV show starts? That's it?

14. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    That's all you have to do. You don't even need to keep the app going in the background - it doesn't really "listen" after you check in to a show. If you turn your notifications on, it'll usually tell you when the show is over and how many points you received. Then you have a clear time to check into another show. You can only get viewing points up to 12 hour a day (which is MORE than enough, in my opinion!) - which is 720 points. But you have a daily limit for 6000 points because you can watch advertisements, play trivia games, and get bonus points. Personally, I don't do all of the other things but I'm sure you can easily rack up the points if you wanted to.

15. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I've used this app for a while. I always forget about ti!!

16. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    That's great! I'll definitely give it a try. I watch a lot of TV anyway, I wouldn't mind having to check-in before I sit on the couch and watch a show.

17. leoliveson

leolivesonNew Member

Threads:
    How to earn maximum Viggle points

To get the most out of Viggle, you need to make sure you check into each and every bonus show and participate in each streak or quest. It was hard in the beginning for me. But then I started following Viggle Boy (

), which sends me an email daily with the daily check in schedule and tips and tricks on how to earn maximum points everyday. Since then, I have been earning maximum poiints daily and have redeemed gift cards a lot quicker than usual. On some good days, I have even reached 6,000 maximum daily earning potential. Viggle Boy saves a lot of my time to look for bonus shows and by referring to it, I make sure that I do not miss a single bonus show. Love Viggle Boy and of course love this app as I have redemed so many Best Buy and Amazon gift cards from here.

18. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I also use the Viggle App. This is one of my favorite Apps. If you are a TV watcher you should really consider downloading it. It is fun to receive points just for watching my favorite television shows. The points can be turned in for prizes and gift cards. I have cashed out once for a CVS gift card. I did not have to wait long for it at all. I am currently using it to see what gift cards I can get to use towards Christmas gifts .

19. charmingtortoise

charmingtortoiseNew Member

Threads:
    Huh, wow, never heard of this app. I will have to try it. I mean really, what do I have to lose. I usually "watch" television while I'm farting around on the internet anyway. The mention of the trivia games actually sound fun. Thanks for the information. Will definitely have to try it out.