Visit Only Tourist Spots In Countries You Visit?

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Nov 14, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All countries have so-called tourist attractions. Because lots of tourists visit those places, and everyone knows tourists have money to spend, everything in those places tends to be very, very expensive. Since those places aren't the only 'attractions' so to say, it would be much better to visit other places that don't attract too many tourists and for that reason would be a lot cheaper. And you'd save lots of cash in the process of meeting the locals and getting to know how they live.

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, heavy tourism inflates prices but it also provides a lot of work for people. Plus tourist areas have less unlawful activities and are kept more cleaner, because the people who work for tourists require their work places to serve the wants and needs of their customers with quality, since tourists practically pay for their jobs. Although I do do like exploring places that have little to no tourism, I usually analyze and plan where, how, and when I will get there to do what I need to do without unnecessarily lingering too long where ever I desire to travel - it all depends on the location and people, because some places have people who are more open-minded while others don't. Some good research ahead of one's travels, will always save a lot of time and stress, which is too often a case with people who travel unprepared in mind.

3. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I usually visit the popular tourist attractions, but I always like talking with the locals and asking little-known places to go to, particularly restaurants they recommend. I love trying out different cuisines. It also doesn't have to be a restaurant. I love streetfood, too! I have to say that I enjoy eating more than sight-seeing.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not that interested in tourist spots at all and it's why I think having a friend in that country really helps a lot to discover the places you otherwise would have never heard about. In some countries I am fairly curious to get to tourist spots ad see it for myself, but for the most part It's just not what I would seek out.

5. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Denis Hard! I also like to travel around the world and you can say me a tourist but in my matter the thing is that I did not prefer to just stay on travel all the time but I have a family and I also want to give some time to my all family members. Let’s move to the next point, I just not give priority to explore the tourist points but I also try to explore the other and non famous attractions. In this way I try to get more familiar to the specific region.

6. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    When I visit other countries, I like to take the path that is less traveled. Therefore, I stay away from most of the tourist spots because I really want to get to know the country for what it truly is and I really want to get to know the culture. I feel like the only way to really get to do this is to go where the locals are and experience the culture at face value. The plus to this is that items are really a lot cheaper when you shop where the local population shops and not at tourist spots.

7. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely not, I always make it a point to visit the heartlands and try the street foods of countries I visit, so I can get a clearer picture of how life is like for the common person in the country, instead of a rosy and expensive front which many tourist traps try to conjure.