Vitamin E for the skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Konstantina • Apr 5, 2012.

1. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard that vitamin E is good for the skin, but I have dry skin and I am not sure what it does exactly. Is it moisturizing? I also know that you can take supplements without prescriptions because there is no overdose danger and they are not toxic. Do you know any other ways to keep skin looking good?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Vitamin E is essential for healthy skin, and it also helps prevent breakouts of acne. It can be used as a topical cream, or you can eat foods such as eggs, brown rice, wholegrains, olives and carrots. However, if you have skin problems, you may need to take a vitamin E supplement. There's more about the benefits of vitamin E

3. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    For how long should you take it before you can see results? I don't have breakouts but because my skin is dry, I could use a good boost every now and then. So I m thinking spring is a good time to prepare myself for sunny days that really make things worse for me

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I think you need to take supplements for at least a month to see results. One way to instantly moisturise your skin is to apply olive oil. Use extra virgin first cold pressing and apply to the dry areas. Put on some old pyjamas and sleep in it to allow the oil to do its work. Next morning, make a yogurt, honey and sugar exfoliation paste and use in the shower after rinsing off the residue of oil. Your skin will be soft and glowing, and you can do this 2 - 3 times a week if you wish.

Make sure you drink plenty of water, because dehydration can cause dry skin. Good luck.

5. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks a lot. I ll let you know how this works out. :)

6. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    Vitamin E is an essential nutritional factor for the welfare of the organism and is considered the ANTIOXIDANT VITAMIN FOREXCELLENCE, for its protective action on lipid membranes of the cellular target of free radicals. Its properties are moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. When applied to the skin, vitamin E reduces the formation of wrinkles and photo aging damage. Because you have dry skin, vitamin E is indicated in your case by the fact that moisturizes the skin, trying to do with the opinion of Doctor cycles of vitamin E. always use a moisturizing soap. A publication of the 'American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (2005)confirms the benefit of' combination of vitamins C and E to protect against damage from free radicals, due to their antioxidant action.

7. Benny

BennyNew Member

Threads:
    Ok, all nice discussion. But can you tell me that is there the same usage of vit K for both human being
    and dogs. I mean, my chew(Siberian Husky) has some skin problem and usually feel uncomfortable.
    I'm getting irritated. What are the suggestion??

8. kat33

kat33New Member

Threads:
    I use vitamin E to moisturise the cuticles around my nails and it works wonders! Also if I have very dry skin in the winter, I like to use this as I find it works much better than most creams and lotions. It is more concentrated than most creams and I feel an instant relief. Natural ingredients seem to always work the best for me and they cost much less than most brand name products, which are usually filled with chemicals and toxins. Why pay more for something when we can find what we need directly from nature!

9. jnmcksmom

jnmcksmomNew Member

Threads:
    I can remember when I was a teenager and spent a lot of time staying with my aunt. She was in her sixties at the time and she swore by Vitamin E to keep the skin soft and smooth. She would order bottles of Vitamin E capsules and took them religiously everyday. She even believed that it was good to apply the gel from the inside of these capsules directly to her skin anytime she was going out in the sun or wind. That sweet lady is now in her early 80s now and still has very lovely skin.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm told that oil does not actually moisturize, but actually locks in moisture, so it's best to apply it when your skin is already a little bit damp, like when you come out of the shower, but not to apply it directly to dry skin, because it will do nothing.

11. Ainjell

AinjellMember

Threads:
    Vitamin E, as everyone else has mentioned, is very good for the hair, skin and nails. If you pay attention, most bath and body products (and even some shampoos/conditioners) are now incorporating the use of Vitamin E, Aloe, Shea butter and Jojoba or Tea Tree oils into their products because they promote health and growth. Vitamin E is a natural oil that promotes health and growth. When placed on the scalp and massaged in, it assists the hair in growing quicker and becoming stronger from the roots. When ingested (they sell gel tablets you can take) it promotes that same health and growth from within so your skin grows quicker which means it sheds the older outer portion quicker leaving your skin always feeling soft and fresh. It also helps your nails grow strong and beautiful as well as your eyelashes. :)

12. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    I'm loving all of this information. Is it too oily to use directly on the face as I have dry skin there.

13. Marya

MaryaNew Member

Threads:
    One of the most important vitamins for the body is Vitamin E.
    Vitamin E oil provides the skin with necessary moisture as well as antioxidants for intense healing.

#13Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  14. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I read somewhere that you can buy the vitamin e capsules and take them internally for a boost to your skin. Also, you can open the capsule and apply the liquid inside mixed with some carrier oil (sunflower, olive, avocado, jojoba etc...) to the face and/or dry areas.

Also, they say that aloe gel is quite miraculous for the skin but I do not know about its moisturizing/hydrating effects.