Vitamins and supplements

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by GavinMcresty • Apr 27, 2013.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I want to start using some! I don't want to use anything to build or gain muscle. I just want something that will give me enough energy to give my best while working out and reach my max heart rate to lose as much as possible calories. However, I'm very new to supplements and have no idea what to use. I will ask around on my gym to see what people recommend, I think it is a good idea to ask for recommendation of professionals in this case.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that doing research via the internet into the vitamins that give us energy would be the best thing that you could do, unless you have a deficiency somewhere, because then you will know what supplement to purchase. You could also go to the doctor and ask which stuff would be best to use. I find that one of the greatest sources of low energy is iron deficiency and magnesium deficiency.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Use it or lose it is good enough for me. If I want to gain muscles, I just need to tear them up. Literally. You don't need supplements to damage muscle lol. If I want to maintain muscle.. use it or lose it. You don't need supplements for that either. The fitness supplement industry is the biggest crock there is. Actually.. the fitness industry in general seems to be, but whatever gets people moving I guess. It's just completely unnecessary and probably more damaging than good.. just like their supplements.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    This is really one of those that I am completely torn on, because I have heard things on both sides of the debate for it seems like forever now. I do still take them sometimes, and I almost think that anything is just a placebo effect, but even if that is the case it is okay with me. I would say if they make you feel better go ahead and keep taking them.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It is good to research substances to be taken if you had no prior knowledge of the product. U could also seek the help of a nutritionist, who would be able to advise you on the most suitable substances that could possibly satisfy your needs.