Vitamix

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Bloom • Jul 6, 2012.

1. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    I think most of you have heard of this nifty new blender called Vitamix, right? My friend just recently bought one at full price (which I tried informing him that there may be deals, but was ignored), and he loves every minute of it. I went over to his house and he literally made soup and dessert with this genius machinery. I really do recommend getting one because it does change your eating habits and way of life for sure. I can always see it in my friend. He's the junk food kind of guy, and now I see him put vegetables in the blender to make his own V8 because in just 3-4 seconds it's completely crushed.

Anyways, I just recommend it and when I find decent coupons that will work for this brand, I'll let you guys know. :) But feel free to review what you think of the Vitamix if you have one or a friend of yours has one. What do you think about it?

2. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    I don't have one, but I really really want one! We were eyeballing them just today in Williams Sonoma. The most expensive one they had was around $650 and I think the cheapest was about $400. But I have seen what they can do on TV and it's amazing! They go so fast and get so hot that you can actually make soup in them and have it come out thoroughly heated.

Yes, the Vitamix is for sure my "dream blender." Congrats to your friend on his purchase!

3. Moneypincher28

Moneypincher28New Member

Threads:
    I haven't really looked into the Vitamix that much to be honest, with the primary reason being they are the most expensive blenders on the market. I just can't seem to justify the price with the machine. A few friends of mine have made the purchase for the Vitamix blender but I honestly don't understand what the difference is between the Vitamix and all the other blenders in the market. Is it the RPM of the blender that makes it so unique?

4. trueone

trueoneNew Member

Threads:
    Vitamix is one the best high-end blenders on the market. It's actually used in restaurants and professional settings to blend, mix, and grind. I bought it about a month ago but it was fair too expensive and I had to return it. Even though I got a good deal on it I still couldn't afford it. However in the short period time when I used it, I loved making smoothies and soups with ease.

Expect to pay around 500 to 600 dollars for the blender but it's definitely the best blender you'll ever have.

5. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Is it worth the money? That's really my biggest question.

I love the idea of the Vitamix, but when am I wasting my money and when am I getting a fantastic product for a fair price? Can someone give me an idea how much bang for your buck do you get with a Vitamix. My current blender is a KitchenAid one and I only use it infrequently to make protein shakes. I would love to use it more, but my current blender isn't very good at chopping ice, etc.

6. Marchese

MarcheseMember

Threads:
    $650 is an obscene amount for a blender.

7. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    See I agree on 650$ being crazy for a blender. But I probably have killed the motor in 5 blenders in 10 years. So I'm thinking if the VitaMix is everything it claims to be I would never have to buy another blender. Ever.

Ha. I would have an heirloom blender!