VTech Cordless Phone ~ That Connects To Cell Phone

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Ruth B. • May 23, 2014.

1. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    The VTech brand of cordless phones has an awesome feature on some of them. It's the bluetooth connect to cell. It will use your bluetooth headset and connect that as a 'line' to the VTech phone handset. So you can use the cordless phone handset to receive and make your cell phone calls. This is AS WELL as using your land line or VOIP line as a regular phone line on the cordless phone handset. In essence gives you an 'extra' cell phone, an extra 'line'.

Since the VTech phone set comes with two handsets and their bases, what I do is put one on the computer desk and use it as a work phone with the VOIP line. It needs to be near the connection. You could also use a land line.

Then I have the cell phone 'line' that I can answer on the VTech phone handset as if it was my cell phone, assuming I used that 'line'. I don't have to carry the cell phone around ON me throughout The House and outside this way. When I was receiving work calls on the VTech handset, and someone would call me on the cell, or vice versa, I was alerted the same way as I am on any 'call waiting'.

This freed me up both on the cell, and also the work line, as I needed a cordless phone I could take work calls anywhere inside and near the house.

In addition to these great features, it's a good sounding phone. It is the first cordless phone I can actually hear well on, clearly. So many of them are difficult to either hold and hear, etc.

The cordless VTech phone system has been a good system for also amplifying T Mobile's signal. There are areas in the house and outside that T Mobile just doesn't work well at our location with. But when I grab up the cordless VTech phone handset, it is easier to hear.

The best news of all is that it is all under 50 dollars. It's been a great deal for us. I love my VTech cordless phone.

#1May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014