Wait for Nexus 7 tablets or buy a ipad 3?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by OsvaldoLuis • Jul 19, 2012.

1. OsvaldoLuis

OsvaldoLuisNew Member

Threads:
    Hello, like the title asks, i would like to know if you would wait for the google nexus 7 tablets to come or buy a ipad 3.I personally wait for google nexus tablets because they sound really good from what i have seen.What about you?

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Wait? The Nexus 7 is already out. I would go for either the Nexus 7 or wait for the Microsoft Surface. I have no desire to get an iPad as I have already invested in Android with my apps and I don't have any plans to redo that with Apple's App Store. I really don't see the Surface that different from a laptop, so any other things that I would buy for that would be like me buying for a computer and could also probably be used on my other computers.

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I would get the Nexus 7 because I'm not fond of Apple products. I saw a couple of tech demos and the Nexus looks promising. The jellybean OS can run applications much smoother. One of Android's biggest problems is having a laggy user interface. That problem was fixed in the Nexus 7, and I doubt Apple can compete with that tablet.

4. slamoutte

slamoutteNew Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine recently purchased the Nexus 7 tablet and he brought it over so I could check it out. It's quality was amazing and when he told me he only paid $200 for it I was shocked. The main issue is that you aren't able to easily connect the device to the tv as you can with other tablets. I am a big fan of Apple products. I have a MacBook, iPod and iPhone, but the cost of the iPad is more than I want to spend when you can find other tablets that offer what I want in a tablet.

However i tend never to buy any electronic that is new to the market.

5. sinuous

sinuousNew Member

Threads:
    I would go for the Nexus 7, it's much cheaper than the iPad. Also, I find iPads quite useless if you already have a laptop or a portable computer of some sort. Go for a tablet, they are smaller, fit in your pocket, and have about the same amount of features as an iPad.

6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I would neither buy any of the two. When the Ipad 3 came out, I was really excited and I was ready with cash and all but after I have heard and read reviews from friends and online, I changed my mind. It seems like the Ipad 3 is heating too quickly making it awkward to hold and also you wonder if the battery will last. Nexus 7 is not really my type. I am also waiting for Microsoft Surface! 10.6 inches!