Wait for the NikeFuel Band

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Snrm • Apr 21, 2012.

1. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    Many people have been rushing to buy Nike's new product, the Nike Fuelband. It is supposed to track all your movement throughout the day and convert it into virtual "fuel" points. Its main idea is to help encourage you to workout. I think it is a really good idea and it is a lot cooler than it sounds. However it is extremely expensive right now at $150. They can barely keep it in stock on the Nike website as well. Even if you check sites like eBay or Amazon it is even more expensive there. The reason being is that Nike.com does not ship to every country in the world but Ebay and Amazon do ship to every country. Once Nike has an "unlimited" stock of the Fuelbands the value on these selling sites will decrease drastically. Even though you may really want to get your Fuelband now you are better off by just waiting for it to be in full stock.

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    That seems a ridiculous amount of money to spend on something that sounds like a glorified pedometer. I have a neat pedometer which cost me about £5 several years ago, and it tracks my steps, and lets me know if I'm increasing my activity. Also, there are free online calculators that help you to work out how much exercise you need to do to acheive your fitness goals. This product sounds like a waste of good money.

3. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Seems like a real waste of a $150. You could get so many useful things out of that amount. Multiple things, in fact.

I think it is the brand that is leading to such high prices. When you have the brand of Nike pushing a product, even if it as odd as something as this, people will take notice.

If people need this band as a motivation tool, they probably are not into working out much.

4. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    Reminds me of apple

$150 dollars is not worth it at all in my opinion. If you aren't active to begin with, it's sad that a product costing so much is going to get someone moving and exercising. Good marketing from Nike taking advantage of general laziness though.