Waiting For A Wet Seal "going Out Of Business" Sale.

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by hellonamesdana • Jan 23, 2015.

1. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdanaMember

Threads:
    For the past two weeks or so, basically ever since I learned that they closed the local Wet Seal store in my mall and the company as a whole has filed for bankruptcy, I've been waiting for them to just have a going out of business sale so that I could get some amazing steals on their cute clothing before they completely go out of business. I kind of knew that it was coming, since over the past couple of months I noticed that they hiked up the prices on all of their clothes/shoes/accessories, making me not want to shop there at all, and they basically stopped with their amazing sales that I always took advantage of, whether online or in the store.

Anyone else notice this? Anyone else waiting for this company to go out of business so we can buy the rest of their stuff at ridiculously low prices?

2. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I think they will definitely go into sale shortly, but I don't think they will do it in every city that they used to operate in. What I know is that most companies that go out of business, they would tend to consolidate their stocks in one area and do the closing out sale there. This way, they also save on operating costs. There are also companies these days that just do these types of sales online, which is also equally good in terms of savings. You may want to visit their website to check if they have any offers there already.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    It's a smart move to wait. Just have a bit of patience and it will certainly pay off. they'll eventually discount prices and theyll probably be quite steep. If youre a bit impatient just try and take your mind off it because it will definitely pay off in the ling run. Your wallet will thank you as well.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    They won't. I had a friend who worked for them, and the staff kept being told "oh no your stores not closing" but they kept getting smaller and smaller shipments, and were running out of stock, until they all came in one day and their manager told them she had just gotten a call from HQ and that their store was closing, forever, that day and it was all their last shift. They gave their employees NO forewarning, so everyone in my friends store was just suddenly jobless.

Delia's however, is in the middle of a liquidation sale online and they have almost nothing left.

5. Mackmax

MackmaxMember

Threads:
    This doesn't surprise me. I just never thought that Wet Seal would last long. I always thought the store tried too hard to be the next big thing, and probably started to put out too many supplies when the demand wasn't there. They were always late on the styles, as soon as varsity jackets went out of style, Wet Seal would add them to their collection. As soon as galaxy print went out of style, Wet Seal added them to their collection. As we all know, you have to be on top of things in the fashion industry, especially when it comes to teens' clothing. Otherwise, you lose sales. Their items are pretty unreliable in quality, since one item can be amazing and sturdy, while the other can rip in two washes. I'll definitely be shopping their sale to get as many deals as I can, though.