Waiting For Christmas To Shop For Myself

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Oct 17, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been planning to buy a good number of items and devices like a smartphone and a desktop/laptop and/or a monitor or TV, and I've been browsing around online for both physical stores and online stores where I can get these for an admittedly already good price since I've managed to find some of the better deals available, but I'm still wondering If I should maybe just hold off all my purchases until around Christmas season since I may still find a better deal then.

The thing is, I'm just a bit worried these products and deals I found now might not be around come Christmas season, but then again, there will probably be a lot more of cheaper or better deals to take their place if ever they did somehow disappear.

What do you guys think? What would you do if you were in my shoes? Have you ever done this tactic or do you just jump on promos as long as they are good enough?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're finding promotions and deals that sound good to you now, then you should purchase them now instead of waiting. The fact is that only certain items are discounted around the holidays, and you actually won't find the best prices of the year during the holidays, despite what retailers tell you. You'll have to check other resources to see which items are actually steals during Christmas season and which ones are less expensive during other times. I'd recommend taking advantage of deals you find now, if they're at an acceptable price for you. There's no guarantee they'll be around for long, or around Christmas.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Christmas, or just after, is usually when the best deals are. I am also holding out on a couple of things I could really use in order to hopefully find a better deal in December. If I don't find one by January I'll just get it though. The only difficulty with that is it really adds up when I factor in the gifts I have to buy for my family in the same month. I need to do better about saving up in advance for this year or I won't have much to spend then.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cyber Monday is usually the time when you can find some good deals, so I would at least wait until around Thanksgiving time.
    I prefer Cyber Monday to Black Friday because there are no crowds and no violence. Amazon and Walmart.com have some good electronics deals around Thanksgiving time.