Waiting Or Going To The Doctor?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by to7update • Jan 10, 2017.

1. victor ndegwa

victor ndegwaNew Member

Threads:
    My friends take this advice from me having doctors around or in some cases on your speed dials is a very priviledge of some selected few.I come from Africa and in some parts doctors are very hard to find,in some case a ratio of 1 per 500 people is what we settle for

2. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid going to the doctor as much as possible. I only go if I really have to go.

The expense is one of the big reasons. The prices seem to continue to rise.

They also waste a lot of my time, and time is money. I hate sitting in a waiting room forever and then in the exam room as well. I see no reason to waste two hours when the actual doctor only spends about five minutes trying to rush you through so that they can get to the next person.

If I can find a home remedy or over the counter medication, I will definitely try those first.

3. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I usually don’t go to the doctor straight away. First I try to cure myself and if I think that this is beyond me or that I do not know the solution of the problem, then I go to the druggist and take some medicine for it. Finally if it is still not cured (which is very rare), then I go to see the doctor. But, sometimes, I feel that I should see a doctor and then I go straight to the doctor, without consulting the druggist or prescribing medicines by myself.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    We need to be very lucky with our health. My wife doesn't go to the doctor often, but she went this week with earache. Finally the doctor didn't show up, and she got rescheduled to next week. Surprise surprise, she got a call saying he will not be there either, lol! She cancelled the whole thing...! o_O

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    We don't go to the doctor because they will only scare you and charge you a lot. Instead, we use natural remedies and organic medicine whenever we feel sick. I remember when my brother had swollen eyes, it's really swollen that his eyeball is almost coming out of his eye socket and it made me panicked. Thankfully, my hubby told me to put an ice wrapped with cloth on my brother's eye to help reduce the swelling. Then the next day, it's gone :)

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In this situation , I'd go to the doctors immediately. Call and tell the nurse what's happening, make appointment and get it checked out as soon as possible. I awoke with pain in my arm one morning, I quickly waited till doctor's opening time, called and talked to the nurse, and made an appointment. Doctor squeezed me in, and found I had bursitis, nothing going to fall off now I got that from my doctor, I was no longer worried. It could be minor, but only the doctor can tell you and take immediate action if need be. I'd go to the doctor right away. Does your country have Medicaid or Medicar? They are good to have. Good luck, get well and stay well. Take care!

7. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    It's fine to go to the doctor as quick as you can if you are down with ill health. Many think that going to the doctor is expensive and would like to mange the condition themselves until its clear they can't help any longer. On a serious note regions where accessing medical care is expensive the government ought throw in their weight and make it very affordable. It's people's health we are talking about here.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be very frank I go to the doctor as and when I see the necessity as I do not want to take any risk seeing the existing health related problems these days when even small things become complicated. Yes, I agree that some of visits are not really necessary but I do not want to take any chances. I think staying forewarned is better idea than delaying and regretting.

9. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail When natural medicines solve the issue, great. More natural products are great for prevention, and certainly that prevention is the best medicine. At the same time there are things that don't go away with natural medicines, and in these cases we do need to see a doctor.

#29Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I always try to go to the doctor before any more specific type of medication. I don't trust self-medication because it's something really can be very dangerous to our health.

It may even seem like an exaggeration to look directly for a doctor, but I don't joke about my health.

11. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update Right. When natural remedies and organic medicines can't do the job, then going to the doctor will be our next option. And it's also our last option since we really don't like going to the doctor. That's why we do take care of ourselves to stay healthy and prevent us from getting sick :)

#31Apr 22, 2017
  12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update I appreciate your stand because I too believe in that but we are facing too many strange diseases in our country which were never heard of before. Some of the diseases like Chicungunya and dengue which were not as wide spread in last decade have taken certain areas of our country in their grip.

#32Apr 23, 2017
  13. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, new diseases appear and spread due to a number of factors, we can name a few. One, pollution and experiments with unknown substances. Two, the abuse of antibiotics that reduce our defenses. These two combined together are creating a number of new resistant diseases no one knows how to face.

14. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I guess I am caught up in the usual male web. Most of us may try avoiding going to the doctor unless we are really forced to do so. It's not about the cost because even with health insurance coverage it's the same no go attitude. I believe it's safe to say that if you should make many trips to the doctor, most of the times the attendance would on an average be eighty percent female and children to twenty percent male.

15. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I always tend to self-medicate first, especially if the pain is just minor, since going to the doctor is generally expensive, unless you intend to go to a public hospital. Luckily, I have never been admitted yet in any hospital due to an illness. All my health issues are really minor and can be cured by medicines over the counter.