Waking up too early

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Nov 6, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been with too many things in my head and in the last days I've been waking up at 6AM, one hour earlier than I need, what is extremely annoying and tiring. I guess that I am just too worried, but I am wondering, are there any tricks to fall back asleep again?

2. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I have those days that I can only sleep for a couple of hours. This usually happens when I am extremely anxious or worried about something. Try meditating before you go to sleep. Focus on relaxation and be mindful of the present moment. Doing this before bed makes me sleep throughout the night.

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yep, that's true Marie, I just have too much things on my mind, I hope that next week things start to calm down. Just today I woke up again at 6AM, another hour of sleep lost, so I am not even worrying or fighting it, I know that this will go away soon.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry I can't help, I love waking up early. TOO early, is another thing.. in fact, I woke up too early today. A big spider jumped at me in my dream haha. You would do well to find a way to make it work for you instead of stressing yourself out more over it. Especially if stress is the reason why it's happening to begin with lol. Use the time to get something done that otherwise would have to be jammed into your day somehow. Or spend the time with yourself, in the quiet and relax or read. I come online and learn something new.. it's what relaxes me, jumping into my little obsessions lol. Your body is telling you something, that's all I know. If there is too much on your mind, it's a great time to practice blocking and pushing yourself to think of other things or distract yourself altogether. I'm a pro at it at this point.. took some time, but I'm much happier for it today. Not that you're unhappy lol.. but it helps with sleep in a big way ;)

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you wake up too early, just lie in bed and relax and day dream. That's what I do, at least the body is relaxed and that's what it needs whether you are conscious or not. I wake up early all the time, but I know getting up means I will get tired in the afternoon or my concentration will wane, so I just close my eyes and relax, I don't try to sleep though as that will make you anxious.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about falling asleep again when it is so close to your usual wake up time. I normally get up at 5 and am really annoyed with myself if I sleep longer than that, but I'm a morning person and I value that time in the morning to get work done. I would suggest trying to go to bed earlier if your body is deciding to wake up earlier.

7. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if you'd be able to g back to sleep for a couple of minutes only once you wake up in the morning. Yes, you can always go back to sleep, but you'd sleep for at least an hour or two before waking up again.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you can try to just simply close your eyes and stop thinking about what it is that concerns you. You will notice that you will fall asleep after a few minutes once you close your eyes. In my experience, that happens all the time, I don't intend to sleep, only to rest my tired eyes, but I end up falling asleep anyway.

9. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I think a lot of things can be accomplished early in the morning. My routine is to stay up late into the night but I feel I have more will and energy to do things early in the morning.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I recommend eliminating as much light as possible. If you keep your room dark then you'll have a much better chance of falling back asleep. Then if you need more motivation then try putting on some calming music or even just watch a few calming videos. When it's too quiet you tend to focus too much on getting to sleep which then makes it even harder.

11. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I am an early riser... and I feel energetic and able to do a lot of things when I wake up early. In come cases, there are times that I get up earlier than the usual.. it's fine with me and I do not have any issue of it. But what I do with my extra time? I list down my to do list for the day to make sure I will end my day early and have more time to my self and family.

12. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Sadly, sleeping in is no longer a luxury that I have. I have a newborn at home now who wants to eat every morning by 6 am and even if she goes back down... she wants to eat again around 7 so -- mommy is definitely now an early riser.

13. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Congratulations Nikki! :) Those times will pass fast, my kids already sleep all night most of the nights, so only my concerns wake me up early these days. I think we should try to live as stress free as we can, but we all know how hard that is.

14. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    The way I see it the trouble isn't that you're waking up early, it's that you can't fall back asleep for the hour that you have left.
    If you are waking up completely refreshed with no chance of falling back asleep I say you should take advantage of this and start using that time, either get your day started earlier or start going to bed an hour later than you're used to.

15. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if this could help but it works for me. When I had trouble sleeping [and waking up early] I started staying up late to see if that would help. Sometimes I'd be watching a movie, reading a book or just doing some modeling. When I got in bed, I'd fall asleep almost instantly and when I woke up the next morning, it would be around 7:00.

Like I said, I don't know if it would work for everyone.

16. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, staying up late can be the solution indeed, but in this case will the sleep I am having in the morning compensate the sleep I lost in the evening? :p Either cases, I am sleeping better now, just this night I slept close to 10 hours, I was really exhausted.

17. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are audios out there, a kind of subliminal that induces sleep. Some say that they really help. All you would have to do is to listen to them and then slumber will soon follow. Also, you could turn to the usual classic rituals of making yourself into sleep like drinking a milk or keeping your room dark by blocking through a thick curtain the sunlight coming from the dusk. Avoid eating and drinking coffee or anything else that would make you lively like moving so much, because they increase the blood flow in your brain which in turn tune you into some intense activity, both physical and mental.

18. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, I am imagining myself waking up, putting those new wave sounds that help us fall asleep and my wife waking up mad at me lol, I think I rather stay awake and fall asleep on my own than disturbing her sleep, thanks for the suggestion even so.

19. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    You know I've never had a problem falling back asleep. If you can't sleep, you might as well get up. 6am is a pretty healthy hour to be awake. I actually suggest going to bed earlier instead of trying to go back to sleep. That extra hour in the morning could be the key to some serious productivity.

I have a baby who currently wakes up every morning at 6, an hour earlier than the rest of the house. I can wander in there in the dark, feed her, put her back down, and go back to bed for about 45 minutes, pretty much every day. I wish I could actually stay awake during that hour though - it would be an awesome hour to myself.

20. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Get up. Drink coffee. Better yet, go to the store and buy a large cup of coffee. Wake up each and every day at that time. Begin strenuous house work. Before the week is over, you will be able to sleep through the entire night without sleeping pills.