Wal-Mart to Begin Buying Used Games

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by starfox64 • Mar 22, 2014.

1. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Link to article...

Are any of you gamers going to make the jump from Gamestop to Wal-Mart? It seems as if Wal-Mart will not pay cash for used games, but will rather give out gift cards (which is basically cash at Wal-Mart). I can definitely see Wal-Mart giving a bit more money than Gamestop for used games, but we will have to see...

2. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I for one will not be using this. Gamestop is plenty good for me. I see no need to switch. Walmart will probably have very low exchange rates anyway. not to mention DRM protected games on the next generation consoles.

3. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I heard the prices weren't good and using gift cards instead of cash is going to turn some people away. I regret not selling my games and systems when I stopped using them though, when they would be worth more. It feels kind of dumb to have all these old console games sitting around.

4. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with this. Gamestop is as good as it gets in terms of selling, and buying used games. They offer fair trade-ins, and cash purchases. I am sure Walmart is going to offer low trade in fees. As mentioned selling, and buying games is going to be useless soon, anyway because of DRM protected consoles. Those days are over. It is sad because i loved Gamestop. It was my favorite store.

5. bintzc

bintzcNew Member

Threads:
    I heard this on the radio and was pretty excited for my husband- who is a huge gamer. We usually exchange games at a local store called Mega Media Exchange, however we will be looking into Wal-Mart now, since there are two locations that are very close to our home. My husband has had recent bad experiences with Gamestop trade-ins...but that's just our local one, maybe others are better. He also likes to buy/sell games and consoles online through Ebay...and you bet that in summer time he is the first one at rummage sales looking for good games at low prices.

6. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    That's good to hear. It's always good for the customer when there is an increase in competition. It usually means lower costs for the end consumer. However, I hope that Wal-Mart doesn't low ball Gamestop to the point that Gamestop will have to go out of business. Wal-Mart, being the corporate giant that they are, is certainly able to do this but I really hope that they don't.