Walk And Do Smaller Shops Or Take The Car?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by littlewitch66 • Jun 26, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I find that if I take the car I get all my shopping in one place which usually works out cheaper but sometimes, because I live close to small shops, I will buy in bits which is very convenient but more expensive as these smaller shops put their prices up.

Which do you do?

2. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to buying groceries and other monthly supplies we would take our car and go for shopping to a super or hyper market which is a few miles from our home. Otherwise, for small things and emergencies, we would shop in nearby shops. :)

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do the same, many times I buy in smaller shops near my house especially when I am not going for heavy shopping. The fact is prices are more at the smaller shops compared to the big stores, In my calculation the many of the smaller stores are getting their supplies from those big stores directly, the big stores also sell in retails. I guess that's why cost appears to be lower at the big stores compared to those nearby smaller shops.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The advantage of the mall is that they have a complete variety of shops in one roof, so to speak. You don’t need to ride your car to move to another place. Once inside the mall, you have there everything that you need. When shopping in small shops, the main problem here is the parking. Usually, small shops have little parking space. There is a small shop where I used to buy shoes that are hand-made and cheaper than the shoes in the malls. However, that shop has parking space for only 2 cars and you can guess that I don’t go there because of that problem of parking.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I kind of miss the small town or village shopping-but these days to be in business,they would have to call them specialty shops in todays market place. You could walk to them or ride a bike-but actually where I live-they have the Walgreens,CVS,dollar stores and a Winn Dixie food market as well in kind of a village that grew over the years to more corporate type of stores. The Walmart is further away from the town but I can still ride a bike to there as well. I like the village shopping style though with smaller shops overall.

#5Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There are a number of malls in close proximity to each other in my area and according to the traffic setup, to drive from some to the others would require me to do a roundabout journey because of one-way traffic. Therefore, it's prudent that I park at one location and walk to the others to do my shopping rounds, which would save time and prevent me from having to run the traffic congestion gauntlet,