Walking exercise works

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by katharinemae • Jul 14, 2012.

1. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Excellant advice, thanks. Walking is one of the best things you can do, for your entire body. I have a bad back, so walking is difficult for me, but I used to walk through the house, swinging dumbbells. Should try to get back to it. I found out today from an article, that maasaging your belly, if out of shape, is a good way to reduce it. You must add exercise to get it completely down. So that was encouraging.

2. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I really enjoy walking as well. I walk 12 kilometers a day and I feel great. It really helps with weight loss and it is fun. I do hills so my legs get a pretty good workout.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Also you could add some heavy hands when you go for your walks as well, because the weight of the the heavy hands when you swing the weights and pump them- actually forces your cardio system to work harder. Take for instance just regular walking at burning 300 calories compared to 780 if you pump heavy hands while you walk.

4. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have been walking in the park for one to two hours ever since my eldest was born, I always walk around 2km a day. I was back to my normal weight quite easily within two months for my first two kids, but not this third one. Though I am still walking everyday, and do the same housework, but it took me more than a year to lose weight and I am not sure if I have got back to my normal weight. I really need to exercise more, such as jogging and doing yoga in order to lose weight. It's good that walking works so well to you.