Walmart And The People Who Shop There

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Faye1232212 • Sep 22, 2015.

1. Faye1232212

Faye1232212New Member

Threads:
    I love Wal-Mart, don't get me wrong but I have a hard time enjoying my shopping there. My biggest issue is the customers who shop there. I have encountered some of the rudest people in my life while shopping at Wal-Mart.

This makes my shopping experience less than enjoyable. I continue to shop at Wal-Mart because they are very affordable but just because it's affordable doesn't mean that you can act like a complete fool.

Does anyone else share these same views or am I alone on this one?

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    My biggest problem with Walmart is the employees that work for them. Many of the employees are miserable with their job and it shows. I live in a rather small town and the customers are pleasant for the most part, but the big city Walmarts can have some nasty customers who yell at everyone.

3. Faye1232212

Faye1232212New Member

Threads:
    I agree. Smaller towns, everyone knows each other to a certain degree, making them more apt to be kind to eachother. Since the city is so big where I live, the customers are beyond horrible. There is at least one fight every time I shop there. I have even been spat on. I would take the rude employees over rude customers because the customers have nothing to lose.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never had a problem particularly with customers from Walmart. Where I live they are the same as any other grocery store or supermarket. However, it is a more popular supermarket chain, so that might be why people are not as educated as, say Trader Joe's!
    However, I do think that employees are not very polite in there.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard so much about Walmart and its clientele, it's almost funny. The UK version, Asda, is extremely cheap too, but not always the best quality. Things are slightly more civilized in there, although it still has its fair share of unattended children and yelling moms. There's a discount frozen food chain here called Iceland and that's the place to go if you want to see catfights, arguments and drunk customers.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:The problem I encounter at Walmart is out of stock merchandise. I love their Butter Crackers for just 1.98 for 16 oz! It's always sold out! Many other things I like at Walmart get sold out all the time. I have to go often to get what I want at Walmart for some things. The prices are good and many people like Walmart too. Oh well that's life!

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Share with you similar thought, and while I can't say that love Walmart at all, it is really my favorite place to go shopping because of the large variety of items they have for sale.

There are many Walmart Supercenters and Neighborhood Markets in this city, I mainly do my weekly shopping in any of these.

However there are two Walmart Hypermarkets which are huge and have all imaginable (and unimaginable) stuff you can think of, yet at affordable prices, so I usually save some money to visit any of these hypermarkets at least once a year (none is close to my home) so I can take advantage of deals available there.

Even though, I have learned to ignore people who shop at Walmart and try to visit when it's not crowded to avoid having to deal with those jerks.

8. BreezyB0412

BreezyB0412New Member

Threads:
    I live in a small town, we drive about 20 minutes out of the way to avoid the people who shop at local walmart. :p

9. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’m not a fan of Walmart’s business ethics so I try to avoid it as much as possible, but sometimes the wallet wins out. I can’t say I’ve run into many problems with customers or staff, but it always seemed like the layout of the place is extremely conducive to rudeness. Cramped parking lots, cramped aisles, cramped everything despite the sheer size of it all. So we’re probably just lucky that most people seem to be decent sorts around here, I guess. I can see how it could be excruciating in a larger area.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think that is inevitable with most stores where you can get lower prices since most people who shop there won't feel too compelled to be cordial or even dress better. I have the same problem with our local mall but mostly only due to the crowdedness and a bit of inconsideration of the shoppers who always seem to always block the way in the worst times and in the worst places. I'm especially peeved whenever they block escalators, but I've learned to live with it to be honest and by now I'm not at all bothered by it anymore.

11. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It can be off putting, but it's something you tolerate for lower prices. There are posh malls and the cheap malls and you can always tell the difference in the kind of customers there. I'm not a snob, but it does make for a different kind of experience and you buy what you need and get out.

In the UK Morrisons tends to be the lower end and the discount retailers like Aldi and Lidl, where children run around or families shop together loudly and take up a whole aisle. I have learned to just stick my head through and get what I need and go. The best thing to do is go when the kids are at school, less stress in my opinion.

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would much rather shop at Super Target even though they charge a bit more, it is a far nicer store environment. I really don't the like the Walmart closest to me at all, because it is small, overpriced, and you can never find anything in it. I sometimes shop at Walmart, when I am in the area, but it has never been my favorite place to shop for a variety of reasons.

13. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolnsMember

Threads:
    I don't go to Wal-Mart enough to be able to deal with the patrons who shop at the area. My biggest concern with the Walton Empire is paying money so they can keep their employees on low wages replaced with "benefits" that wouldn't even fly anywhere other than retail. On top of that, the whole "unionize and die" mentality is going to kill Wal-Mart by having them lose a majority of their work. It's beyond corrupt, and I refuse to shop there. Target is sliding down that slope as well, albeit with a more fancy approach. Both are companies that should be boycotted. Try Amazon for electronics instead.

14. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:

I agree 100 percent! Seems like a lot of rude people like to shop at Walmart. Every time I go there I get the rude people who crash into you with a cart than walk away with so much of a sorry and look at me as if it was my fault. Or people letting their kids run into other people while shopping. It's usually stress full going to shop at Walmart because of the rude customers so I try and avoid Walmart if I can. Not to long ago I walked in to the Walmart here where I lived to find to grown women punching each other in the face at the entrance I just turned around and walked out didn't need my kids seeing that craziness!

15. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I first encountered Walmart back in the 80's, it was totally different than it is now. Back then, the stores and rest rooms were immaculate and sparkling. Everything looked clean, and the shoppers and employees were polite. That was back before the Walmart Supercenters (not that I think those are a particular problem), and many of the stores were located on the outskirts of cities, and basically in the middle of nowhere, near smaller towns.

The chain has really expanded since then, and I shop there because I am on a limited budget, but I agree, the stores, the customers, and also some of the employees have changed. I think it's related to changes in the economy and society as a whole, though, rather than specifically to the corporation. I do agree that corporate policies seem to have changed a lot over the years, but I see the same types of changes elsewhere as well, mainly, wherever discount products are sold.

16. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't like shopping at Walmart anymore. I used to a long time ago but, for the last three years the only reason I shop there is because there aren't very many options here where I live at. My main compliant is the people that work there, the treat people very unfairly. That don't seem to appreciate your business, they act as if you are bothering them when you need help. Just a negative experience almost everytime I go there. I wish they had other options here besides walmart.

17. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I feel the same way about Walmart. I love the sales and everyday prices. They are very competitive with other stores but I always find the parking lot is crazy. You can't find a spot and if you do you have squeeze your car into because it's lined so close for each parking spot. The lines up to check out are insanely long and if you go later on in the week they have run out of the sale items that are advertised. I will spend a few extra cents and shop elsewhere.

18. bsthebenster

bsthebensterNew Member

Threads:
    I have never experienced rude customers at any of the Walmwarts I have ever been to. Everyone seems to keep to themselves anywhere I've been. I had heard that Walmart can get some strange shoppers but I've never actually seen it myself. Do you remember an insedent in particular? Personally I'm generally in a good mood when I'm getting nice deals, it's hard for me to imagine someone rude at Walmart. I guess I've been pretty lucky.

19. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    It's largely the fault of the customers, as you're suggesting. I worked at Wal-Mart for two years - several months of which were, mercifully, overnight - and I loathed some of the customers. Nine out of ten people were pleasant, genial, understanding folks, but that tenth person was always enough to ruin your day with their terrible, entitled attitude. I'd planned on quitting already, but I actually left three weeks early because one customer threatened me with bodily harm. I couldn't find a piece of furniture for him, and that enraged him.

The kicker? I didn't work in the furniture section. Electronics, buddy. Simmer down.

I'm impartial to Wal-Mart these days. Good deals, bad crowds. I try to avoid the place during the holidays, and when I do go I try to buy things that I know will be on the shelves. There's no point asking the employees if they have items 'in the back', because 'the back' is a massive collection of boxes that employees aren't generally allowed to touch.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The prices aren't worth it to me.. when they are good to people and animals, I might consider it. Fat chance. The people that shop there are no concern of mine as I live my life in a way that makes me happy. If I worried about every jerkface out there, I'd be miserable 24/7 lol.