Walmart And The People Who Shop There

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Faye1232212 • Sep 22, 2015.

1. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    Well, look at the bright side, now you can contribute to the funny website

! :p~
    It's up to you to decide if the low prices are worth you being mistreated by random rude people, and ending up supporting a business with bad ethics . I am a cheapskate so for me it would be, but right now I have almost no pennies to save. In the future if all goes well, I would probably pay for the luxury of not shopping where people walk almost naked :(

2. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I much prefer going to Target. Employees seem much nicer and much more polite. My Walmart reeks and is constantly full of screaming children and angry moms.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately I think the reputation that Wal-Mart has developed over the years of attracting the Jerry Springer type crowd has taken a life on of it's own. Whereas in the past, most people may have felt as though it was their responsibility to leave the house somewhat presentable, and maintain good manners when out in public, such as when shopping, I think these days there are a lot of frequent Wal-Mart shoppers who have a mentality of "screw it, I can do what I want, it's Wal-Mart". Wal-Mart employees and management don't do anything about it, so the customers just behave as they please, no matter how obnoxious they are being to others.

4. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you all about WalMart. The customers can be really annoying, especially when they are crowding the aisles and don't know what they want. They will constantly stand in the way waiting for the item they want to jump off the shelf. They are also rude when it comes to lines. I don't like standing in long lines, but some of the customers can be really nasty when they are waiting. As for the employees, they are no better. They are not always helpful to you and when you ask them for help, some of them act as if you are bugging them.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had no idea this website existed - it's hilarious! Now, as I said upthread, I'd heard lots of things about Walmart but, my word, the state of these people is really something else!

Thanks for giving me a such a good laugh, @sissibombix@sissibombix I needed it!

6. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I love being able to shop at walmart. The most ridiculous thing I saw was when there was a bird trapped inside the store and the employees had to be notified that there was a bird flying around. I was just afraid it might poop on someone or something. I guess the biggest complaints from most people would be either the customers or the employees. For a bit of fun type in " the people of walmart" on YouTube.

7. MyPoesies

MyPoesiesMember

Threads:
    Having a small town Walmart, I never encountered anyone that was nasty towards me. I've just encountered nasty people that shop there, but I don't mean their attitudes. Ever heard of Wal-Martians? If you haven't, please open another computer tab for YouTube and look it up! It's hilarious what people think is decent to wear to a public store or anywhere public. I also don't understand the need for people that think pajama pants is acceptable out of the house either. I went to school with a kid that wore pajama pants almost everyday. He wore them so much that we thought something was wrong when he wore jeans to school. I think I met one cashier that was sort of nasty towards me because I had to give her like $2 worth of coins, but it was quarters. It was definitely nothing to get upset over.

8. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I totally know what you mean!
    I have made my walmart trips in the middle of the night simply because I'd rather work around the employees doing stock and inventory than bump buggies with rude and ignorant people. The town I live in is full of nasty and careless people.

9. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    When you go for the lowest possible price, you have to sacrifice some things. With walmart, it's typically customer service and atmosphere. The products can be hit or miss too. I do go there for some things, like bulk paper goods, but I typically only shop there at odd times of day when the store is mostly empty.

10. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    People for the most part are very nice around here at our Walmart. If you go to a Walmart or king soopers in the higher income towns, people are very snooty and rude there! Lower class people are nicer I find. It's sad. I love shopping at Walmart! They always have really cute clothes, it never fails.

11. JennyHeart

JennyHeartNew Member

Threads:
    I have come across some rude customers at Walmart; however for the most part I see friendly customers. I try to be as friendly to the other customers as possible. Customers do tend to treat me better when I greet them with a smile, and maybe offer them assistance if they look confused while shopping. I try to put myself in the customer shoes, and act according. Walmart customers can be friendly or not so friendly, the same as many other stores in my opinion.

12. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    I used to work for Wal-Mart. I have seen it from both sides. There are some very rude customers. There are some very rude employees. I find that this can be the case no matter where you go though. It does seem to happen more at Wal-Mart than other places though because the prices are so inexpensive, and you get that lower class of people shopping there.I can tell you why employees become rude though. It's because we were paid for one thing, and expected to do all kinds of other jobs on top of our regular jobs, and we usually didn't get any recognition for doing the extra work. So understand that usually it is not you that they are mad at, but management.

13. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Another peculiar thing is that Wal-Mart has established such a brand for itself as being the "cheapest" store around, but that's not really the case, if you were to line item every thing on your receipt and start comparing prices to other stores. This is especially true for their grocery items, in my experience at least. But it also extends into other departments such as electronics as well. I've found better prices on the exact same, or comparable items, at places such as Target, Dollar General, Save-A-Lot, Dollar Tree, and other stores. If there is a common list of grocery items or other household goods that you routinely buy, it's helpful to make note of what you're paying for them at Wal-mart and check out what they cost elsewhere too.

You may find a lot of items you can instead purchase at other stores for less, and not have to deal with the Wal-mart mayhem. It may seem convenient to do all your shopping under one roof, but this also means you're more likely to be stuck in longer lines of other people with buggies filled to the brim. Whereas with the smaller stores you can just grab a few items you need, get in and get out.

For example, Red Baron frozen pizzas are on sale at Wal-Mart usually for under $3.50 each, sometimes less. However, Save-A-Lot also carries these as well from time to time for the same price. So why stand in an endless line at Wal-Mart, and deal with the crowds?

As for fresh or frozen meats, Wal-Marts prices aren't really great at all. They cost just as much as the big chain grocery stores such as Giant Eagle. I can almost always get far better deals at Save-A-Lot or our locally owned IGA grocery stores.

14. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    There have been a couple times while shopping at Walmart where I have really tried to suppress my urge to intervene in other parents' parenting techniques. There have been times where I feel sorry for the kids I see there because of the way they are treated. I have yet to say something. Usually I have no problems with other customers. I wish Walmart would change their management practices! I have seen Walmart employees hiding out in empty aisles on their cell phones, while only 2 cash registers are open for customers to check out. For this reason, I usually stay away from Walmart. I have waited over 30 minutes to check out with a cart of groceries on a weeknight. It was ridiculous, I left my cart and walked out of the store!