Walmart clothing issues?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by alahnna • Apr 21, 2012.

1. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I love shopping at Walmart. I like that they have good prices and a wide variety of things. I love the style of clothes but lately, I've been having issues with shirts I buy from them. I wear them a couple times, wash them, and then tiny holes appear on the stomach part of the shirt. It seems to be just the thinner fabrices, but it's happening to just about all of them. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

2. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I have also had problems with Wal-Mart shirts. I truly do not believe that they make them like they used to. The fabric truly is thinner than it used to be. I also have issues with them fading faster than most shirts. I think this economy has hit Wal-Mart now, and they are looking for ways to save money by making their clothing cheaper.

3. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't had problems with Walmart's clothing. I haven't bought any clothing from them in about 4 months or so but I have bought a lot of clothes from them earlier than that. I never had holes in any of the clothes that I bought.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It's been happening for a few years now for me, which is why I don't bother buying clothes from them much any more.

I view their clothes as "disposable" and consider that when I'm making a purchase. If it's cheap enough that I think it's worth it for just 2-3 wears, I'll buy it. If it's not worth that, then I pass it up. That way, if it lasts longer, great, and if it falls apart like a lot of their clothes do now, then I don't feel like it's a waste of money.

5. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    I don't really agree with the whole if it's cheap it isn't going to last. I have bought plenty of clothes cheap and 98% of them are not a waste of money. I don't shop at Walmart to often for clothes. When I do they seem to last just as long as buying them else where.

6. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I have found to have this problem as well. There are some shirts from Walmart that I will buy because they are cheap but when I buy them I do not expect them to last long. There are some shirts that I will buy from walmart that will last a long time, and there are some that I cannot bring myself to wear a 3rd time. Sometimes they are cheap and wear out easily, other times they change after wash and never fit or feel the same.

7. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    You can't expect gold standard quality, when you aren't paying for it.

Bargains and gold quality are a rare combination. If you ever find a combination like that, give me a ring!

Wal Mart is a business. They do "roll back" their prices on items and it can be incredibly enticing, but the quality is low. The material they use is not good, this is because they need to maintain decent profit margins on their clothes. To be fair though, they do not promote their clothing as a high quality product. They know the material they are putting out there and the consumer should know this, as well.

If you want something to last, it's probably best to shop from somewhere else.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have bought plenty of clothes cheap -elsewhere- and most are not a waste of money. Walmart's clothing has really degraded over the last few years, though. Some of it is still decent, but you can't expect things like their $1 shirts/shorts to last very long because even picking it up, you can tell the fabric is really thin, the seams are already busting, etc.

9. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes from Walmart because the styles just don't interest me. Maybe if they had a wider selection of clothes, then I would consider shopping there for clothes. I buy my clothes from the mall, but even they have some clothes that are not high quality. I guess this type of thing is common at department stores.

10. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I haven't had a problem with their shirts, but I did have problems with a pair of shorts. They were so cute that I had to buy four pairs of different colors (just cotton drawstring shorts). I noticed my butt cheek kept hanging out of one side and not the other. I had this problem with two pairs. I don't know if it happened before or after I dried them, but it cracks my husband up. Unfortunately, I noticed the problem while in public! lol.

11. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    I have issues with all of Wal-Mart clothes. They're always too short and flimsy. They don't sell anything tall, and their shoes are junk.

12. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I have never been able to wear Wal-Mart clothes. They have some cute things, but the quality and fit are terrible. I've tried multiple pair of pants in sizes I normally wear, only to have them much too small. The shirts shrink when they are washed and are thin like you said. On the other hand, Target has some great clothing!

13. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I actually got a shirt there not long ago for one of my kids that had a very neat slice through part of it that was about an inch long. The only thing that I can think of that might have happened was it got sliced when they were unpacking it from the boxes using a razor knife to cut the boxes open. I was really unhappy about that, but I could see how it would happen. I just don't see how it would make it to the racks like that. Wally World seems to be pretty hit or miss for me when it comes to clothes.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been awhile since I've bought clothes at Walmart. My main problem with Walmart clothes is that they develop those fuzzy balls on them. I have purchased a few skirts that lasted for awhile. One of my favorite outfits was one that I got at Walmart. I held onto it for as long as I could. I really loved it.

15. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I don't think walmart clothes are beneath me and I don't believe shopping inexpensive clothes make people less valuable or worthy of respect. However, I do not wear walmart clothes or buy any products out of personal convictions.

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought some very nice blouses and sweaters there so I haven't had any problem with there clothing but if I do maybe I would be saying the same thing. But so for so good, and I have bought jeans and shoes there and have been very pleased with the Walmart brands that they carry.

17. benn08

benn08Member

Threads:
    I agree with you, I used to buy clothing from there and after a few wears, it would start to show some signs of deterioration in the clothing. You can't really expect much from the kind of prices that they're selling the clothing for.
    I've started to try to buy more quality pieces of clothing, and so far it's been better than going shopping much more often going for cheap clothing.

18. markhanah

markhanahNew Member

Threads:
    Clothing is easiest way to become more beautiful and advance. Walmart is famous and popular name for clothing. Here I get such nice details about walmart clothing issues. You have done nice and useful work.

19. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    The price definitely determines the quality at Walmart. The more expensive stuff will definitely last a little bit longer. I buy the polo/golf shirts to wear to work and stuff and they all seem to work pretty well except for the cheap, cheap ones that are like $10 per shirt.

20. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I have never had clothing issues in the last few years. Ten years ago, I would never buy clothing there as I hated the quality and thought the cotton felt nasty. I have been impressed with their improvements in terms of style, texture and quality. I would take the shirts back and see what they say.