Walmart Greeter

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mirage1440 • Apr 27, 2012.

1. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    Totally out of place with that remark. The greeter probably didn't mean anything by it and was possibly trying to be humorous. We all know people who don't really have ill intentions but for some reason, almost every time they open their mouth, something ignorant, controversial, rude, and backwards comes out.

These type people need a crash course in tact. This doesn't excuse their behavior nor their inability to be considerate. Don't let it bother you, and good luck with your baby on the way.

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Wow!! I really don't like our Walmart because of some of the rude employees, but our greeters that actually say something to you say hello. We have a couple that are really nice and one that always looked at me like I was a dirtbag or something. But she at least said hello when she found it in herself to say something. I used to just wave and say hello to her in a bubbly tone. It used to really get to her.

For a greeter to say that tho is way out of line. I probably would have had a few choice words for them as I walked by. I wouldn't let it bother you too much. Their opinion or statements are not what matter to you, so do not let it bother you. I try not to let things bother me much, I would've had choice words and kept walking.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Some of the Walmart greeters are very nice. But the ones that are not, I can be just like them and not say anything at all to them either. I feel like if you are a greeter and that's your job to be friendly, why not be nice and speak. But as for myself, if they don't speak I really don't care because that's another breath that I can save to speak to someone else. So as far as I'm concerned they can keep their mouth closed, I couldn't give a rats poop.

4. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I've never met a nice Walmart greeter. Most of them are mean and surly. What's the point of having someone greet you with anything less than a smile? Some of them make me want to turn around and leave. It's almost like they are setting you up to get used to the rest of the unpleasant employees that you are going to encounter.

5. freelove89

freelove89New Member

Threads:
    The greeter was trying to be friendly as they are enslaved to do, although failed miserably. Walmart's policy is that all employees should go out of their way to acknowledge all customers and be super "friendly". The greeter was probably having a bad day. Don't take it personally, they treat their employees like garbage and it reflects in their customer service.

6. savetoday

savetodayMember

Threads:
    That seems like a pretty harsh thing to say, unless he was making a joke in which case it was just a fail.

In any case, I'm guessing your life, and your kids, will be better than that of a guy who's got a job greeting at a Walmart. So you should be proud to have kids, have another couple, that'll show him!

7. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    Ummm... I think he was trying to make a joke?

As in it's a lot of hectic responsibilities with a 2 year old, and now you're having another one? Your house is gonna be crazy!

That type of thing....

I get that your pregnant and maybe weren't feeling so great or whatever, but then to not go to the store since then, and then come home and post a thread complaining about what he thought of as a joke? I think you might be the crazy one here....

Lemme put it this way- do you REALLY think he was trying to offend you and risk losing his job? Or do you think he made a joke that may or may not have been very funny and you took it WAY out of context?

I think the latter. :/

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I really don't think you should let just one person and especially not a single comment, keep you from going to the store again. How did you react when they said that, though? Do you think they were really trying to be rude or it just came off wrong?

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Walmart need to train there staff and pay them a decent salaries so they can become better to serve their customers. But that do not excuse them from being nice to the customers because the customers are not the ones that are short changing them. They should have a meeting and talk to the head of the company.

10. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    That is kind of an odd comment considering he doesn't know you. Maybe he meant it as a joke. If not, I would not worry too much about it. It's nobody's business how many kids you have. I hate when people make random comments when they don't even know your situation. I wouldn't keep that keep you away from the store. For all you know you may not even encounter him again and even if you do just have a smart comment to answer him back. ;)

11. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm thats a little bit much. I don't know I would just laugh it off if I were you. Sometimes people just put their foot in their mouths.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would not put myself out or inconvenience myself by boycotting Walmart when that is where I like to shop.
    I would give the rude greeter the look of death and walk by them without a word.
    No one is going to keep me from shopping where I want to shop, because then I'm the one that loses.

13. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Wow! That was rude. Does the greeter know you or something? Even so that's rude as H*ll. If he doesn't know you that's even worse from a customer service standpoint. I would have marched my pregnant behind right to customer service and let them know their personal greeter is dishing out insults and inappropriate behavior to potential customers. See this just goes to show you can train workers but you can't train them with common sense. Sorry this happened to you.

14. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    That was a totally out of place and rude comment.

I mean like come on! A pregnant women and you choose to offend her? Seriously, shame on him/her.

15. melissa

melissaMember

Threads:
    I dont think they meant anything offensive. They probably just meant it in a polite way to acknowledge you were pregnant and meant it in a joking way.

16. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I am sure it would have been satisfying for you to ask the greeter if they were the child police. You must remember that in order to be a Walmart greeter, you do not exactly have to be a rocket scientist. These are usually not very educated people, although there might be some. Who knows, maybe they were a checker, and they said something stupid like that to a customer and they got demoted down to a greeter, but they still did not learn their lesson.

17. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. I'm hoping that person didn't mean it in a negative way. I certainly don't expect that turning customers away fro the store is their goal.

Maybe a comment to the manager would have been appropriate after you clarified with the greeter? I'm not pro-WalMart and think it's great that you haven't gone back. Most people couldn't do that!

18. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Well you can always remember the fact that she is a Walmart greeter. Who puts any merit on what a Walmart greeter has to say to them? They can tell me anything they want and I will value their opinion just as much as I did before the conversation...zero percent.

19. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think he was trying to make you feel bad. I just saw you with children and saw you pregnant and linked it all together. He was just trying to feel like he already knew you. I imagine his job is very humdrum, and he jokes with the customers as they come and go, to make his job a little more fun and pleasant.

20. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't have been offended, but I think that it is very inappropriate for the greeter to say that. Some people just aren't well versed in the art of conversation, I suppose. Just this week a teacher said something that was really embarrassing to a student, and he thought he was just being funny. He's not from the US so their is a cultural gap. Some people just are unaware that they are joking/commenting in an inappropriate manner. I wouldn't let that stop me from going to a store. If it really offended you, you could've told the manager about the comment. Other than that it's just words, and someone else's opinion.