Walmart Greeter

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mirage1440 • Apr 27, 2012.

1. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    Oh, you're not even until now convinced about the Walmart 'people' ? I hate Walmart, they are totally unprofessional with the customers. If they don't offend you by talking on the phone while scanning, they will find another way to do that and they'll succeed ! My advice? Don't go there anymore

2. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    I must admit, I've been offended many times by Walmart. I think I mentioned it elsewhere, but I've never had an employee get on the cell phone while checking me out, just hasn't happened. Now, as a former employee I can certainly tell you that most Walmarts are incredibly unorganized and mismanaged. I can also say that they treat employees about as you can imagine, terrible. They have great benefits and you usually can get a full work week in as far as hours, but it is a terrible place to work as far as the environment. I imagine those of you being offended are likely seeing what I'd like to refer to as the trickle down effect. They treat the employees like dirt, and employee morale goes down, and how does the employee treat the customer? Like dirt. :)

3. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    Uhm.. You actually have a really good point here.. But still, I think that when you call yourself professional you have to act like a professional.
    No matter that you're morale si at the bottom, be nice to the clients and don't offend them because of your bosses, the clients don't know your personal problems or the company's problems

4. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I am more than appalled. What gall. The person showed his or her very ignorance. I don't blame you for not going back.

5. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    Maybe the greeter thought he/she knew you. Or maybe the greeter was just kidding around and probably didn't mean to offend you (unless they were really nasty). Walmart I think is worth going back to because of the great prices and wide selection. But I probably would have been offended by that comment at first. And that is certainly not what a professional Walmart employee should be saying to his customers.

6. clay1224

clay1224Banned

Threads:
    Wow! That's really mean. If I were you I would go back to the store and let there manager know what he did. If he not nice enough to greet customers right, then he doesn't deserve to work there.

7. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    If something like that happens again, or it's really bothering you, I would suggest going to customer service and asking to speak to a CSM. The CSMs (Customer Service Managers) are the direct supervisor of the door greeters (door greeters, cashiers, cartpushers, and customer service, actually) and can speak to the greeter on a professional level and take care of any issue within the work place.

8. assassinscreed3

assassinscreed3New Member

Threads:
    Hello,
    Walmart Greeters Will No Longer Greet At The Door...
    After 30 years, "People Greeters" will no longer welcome Walmart customers with a "cart and a smile." Four months after Walmart got rid of its night-shift "People Greeters," the big-box retailer is moving its day-shift greeters inside the store. Walmart claims it's all in the name of better customer service, but the announcement has left some greeters uncertain about the future of their jobs.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    WOW! That's actually kind of a rude comment to make to a stranger i would of been offended if someone told me that too. And it's none of that person's business if you are having another child. Children are blessings.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I agree with Victor here... maybe he confused you with someone else, or he was just trying to break the ice. I wouldn't take it too personally. Sometimes we all over analyze things that someone says to us and think they're being rude, while we're just being a little paranoid.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I really don't see how this was offensive. I have heard worse. I guess I just have thick skin. Just ignore their idiot comments and shop for what you need. If it really offended you then you should have complained to a manager or called corporate.

12. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

13. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Wait this was a greeter who said this to you. A total stranger not someone you had actually been friends with. I don't think they should have the right to be saying such a thing. What business is this of theirs? I have worked in customer service, and your not suppose to get so personal with people. Your suppose to be friendly but professional, as well as helpful. You don't make comments about their personal lives. I have been in Walmart in my area, usually the greeters there say hi and welcome to Walmart leaving it at that, unless you ask them for some help. That's it, this is the job of a greeter not making personal comments.

14. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    That is a very rude comment for someone to make to you. I had a Walmart cashier tell me that it was dumb for me to allow my six month old daughter to hold a security blanket. She went on to tell me how bad it was for her, and that I was going to "ruin" her. She said it in a very mean tone too. I guess they must train their employees on how to offend customers. If they do, they train them well.

15. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I mean any women would probably feel the same. Especially if they actually did have a large amount of kids.

16. kimberwv

kimberwvNew Member

Threads:
    That was really rude of the greeter. I had a teacher tell me when I was about 7 months pregnant that pregnant people look hilarious. I was a substitute teacher at the time and didn't appreciate her comment. I'm sure she was aiming it towards the way I looked pregnant.

17. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The main purpose of having greeters at the stores is to discourage theft. In particular, even if they don't specifically check your receipts, but simply make eye contact with you and acknowledge you as you are coming and going, supposedly this contributes to a reduction in shoplifting. As they start to implement more automated tracking technologies and anti-theft methods, there will be less of a need for these greeters. They're already testing out the option of allowing people to ring up their items with their smart phones and pay through them as well - eliminating the need to stand in the checkout line completely.

That was really rude of them to say that to you. In effect they are making a judgement as if to say "you look like you can barely afford the kid(s) you already got". Part of me would have wanted to go straight to a manager and let them know that got an ornery moron working the doors. But at the same time, they do have a pretty crappy job.

You could always take a dig back at him next time you go to the store, by saying something like "still here, eh? have fun today!" when you walk in...

18. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Even if meant as a joke, it is inappropriate. Simply, you should call and tell the store manager. The purpose is to greet, not make off-color remarks to you or anyone.