Walmart - grrr!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by LindaKay • Apr 18, 2013.

1. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I just have to rant about Walmart. I'm starting to really hate that store. Every time that I take a coupon there, they give me so much crap...it's ridiculous. The majority of my coupons come from newspapers and aren't printed online. It's clear that they are real, and if you read the verbiage on the coupon, it's clear that I'm not using them wrong. However, it doesn't matter. The cashier always stares at me like I'm an alien if I hand over a coupon. Then, they call over a CSM who acts the same way. It's ridiculous.

It's not just the coupons that drive me crazy at Walmart. It's ridiculous that the lines are so long and that there are never any lanes open, and the employees always look the other way and walk right past you when they see you are about to ask a question. It has gotten to the point where I shop at Food Lion, IGA, Family Dollar and Dollar General instead of Walmart. Even though there's a huge selection and a lot of good deals, it just isn't worth all of the stress.

Does anyone else ever have any problems with Walmart?

2. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    Is there anyone who DOESN'T have a problem with WalMart? For real? At our local store, the woman at the Customer Service counter is a sullen creature with those half-glasses on her nose that she looks over them at you ... never a smile, rarely a greeting at all. She looks like she's thinking "NOW what do YOU want"!

The dairy department is the worst, though, with lots of out-of-date items all over the shelves. I shop each week, and there have been times when the same out-of-date yogurt has been on the shelf for at least three weeks! It's crazy, not to mention against FDA rules.

I've gone to many different locations, and to tell you the truth, most of it depends on the Store Manager and if they bother to do their job. Most of the stores, though, have long check-out lines and a lot of unhelpful department staff. Sometimes you can find a decent cashier, and always check out with them. Your cashier would go crazy if you bring in an ad for a price match - which they are REQUIRED to do. But it's the kind of place where you shop at your own risk: read the "best by" dates on everything including canned and boxed goods, check the prices as they are scanned. Let the Buyer Beware!

3. fourmatic

fourmaticMember

Threads:
    Every week, when I know its about time to go shopping, I make the active choice to not even pull into walmart's parking lot. I hate everything about that store, I would much rather pay 10% more to not have to walk into the doors. I would seriously hope you consider never going back, it stinks.

4. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    No kidding. I very seldom go there now. I really hate that store. Unfortunately, there isn't a Target close to where I live now...I miss it. I definitely prefer it over Walmart. Ughhhh. Just thinking about that store makes me really angry.

5. effy

effyNew Member

Threads:
    Recently, a strip of independantly owned shops were shut down and now a Walmart is being established. This is a bummer to see.

6. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I hate it when that happens. I swear, Walmart ruins everything. It isn't fair to small business owners.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    It's hard not to have a problem with walmart. From obnoxious shoppers, to unhelpful employees and having 1 line open even at their busiest shopping time...it's just irritating. And their prices aren't all that competitve a lot of the time.

8. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Walmart has a number of customer service issues. I rarely visit my local Walmart now due to the long lines and their workers attitude. Their employees never want to help and whenever I ask them a question they do not know the answer nor do they care to find out. I now purchase most of my cleaning supplies and other household items from my local dollar store.

9. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    LOL. I actually get better deals most of the time at the dollar store, it's much quieter, the lines are way shorter, the employees are more helpful...the whole process is just much less stressful. The only reason I ever go to Walmart anyway is because they do have some things that can't be found at my grocery stores and dollar stores, but I think those trips will start becoming less and less frequent.

10. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I've come to the conclusion that Walmart is one big mirage. I haven't been there in years (literally). I used to go there for almost everything. Somewhere along the way, I just started noticing the poor quality of most everything in the store. It's just very cheap junk, and most of it is imported! The employees are abused so they don't really care about service anymore. It's just one big problem. I see them going the way of KMart...and it brings a subtle smile to my face. I don't think the store deserves the success they've built because they've gotten really lazy about maintaining it.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree I think Walmart is the worst place to shop at I have the same problems at the Walmart where I live for the past year Walmart has been out of stock on half gallon milks and they seem to always be out of something I don't even bother on shopping at Walmart I go to different stores that carry what I need and want that isn't expired and is actually cheaper

12. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    I try to stay away from Wal-Mart. There's only a few things I will go to Wal-Mart specifically for...like toiletries and cleaning supplies just because they're cheaper and there's a better selection. Sometimes I go there for prescriptions because the prices are better. But, Wal-Mart is not always the friendliest of atmospheres. The employees are friendly if you approach them, but they won't voluntarily help you if they see you looking for something. The cashiers are always friendly, but yes, there always seems to be some type of problem at check out. Either there are not enough lanes open or the computers are not working. It's sad, because they used to enjoy shopping there. But now that they have the grocery side (which I will not shop in), the rest of the store just seems to have gone downhill. Shoes, clothes, household items...just not what they used to be :(

13. InsomniacGirl

InsomniacGirlNew Member

Threads:
    I used to love shopping at Walmart, but for the past year or so, I've come to hate it. While we do our grocery shopping there and buy Walmart's 'Great Value' products most of the time, I'm starting to feel that I'd rather shop somewhere else and pay a bit more than deal with things. I'm disliking everything about the store, from their rude or slightly inept employees, to the two lanes they have open causing lines to form halfway across the store, to their pharmacy department that has been messing up my prescription orders lately. I also thought they do most of their shelf restocking late at night, but no...they're stocking during the day, halfway blocking the aisles. As another poster has said, they're just not what they used to be, and I believe it. Thanks for allowing me to vent.. :)

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know what you guys mean, but I only encounter those problems when I am desperate enough to go to Walmart on a weekend. My local Walmart is across the street from my daughter's school, so after dropping her off I go to Walmart.
    Walmart at 6:30 AM on a weekday is clean, quiet, not crowded and some mornings I can just walk up to a cashier and check out because I'm the first person there. (And they aren't tired ,angry and bitter yet because you're their first customer of the day.)

The thing about rude, obnoxious ,loud, pushy Walmart shoppers is that most of them are still in bed at 6:30 AM.
    If you are able to get to Walmart early in the morning, it is a stress free shopping experience.

15. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do get pretty frustrated with the lines at Wal-Mart. The cashiers there always seem like they are just ho-humming around and can care less that there's a line of people in their aisle waiting for 30-45min to get checked out. Plus they have gotten so big these days you practically need a golf cart or a shuttle bus to get from one end of the store to the other.

16. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know where you live, but I have never had issues like that shopping at Walmart. Maybe you should try a different store or shop at a less busy time of the day. Do your friends also have the same hassles when they shop there?

Maybe the store has had problems with people trying to scam them.

17. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    All of the Walmart stores are not the same. What I mean is from the perspective of Walmart itself.

I've rarely gone to the Walmart in my city because I heard from a credible source that it functioned as a means to try and sell returned items, overstocks, and discontinue items from the much larger store in the next city (less than 10 miles away).

So, if you're going to shop there, be sure to go one that is in a thriving location.

18. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    Our Walmart sounds just like everybody else's does. A long wait to get checked out, not enough cashiers. Always out of something I need. I can never find a sales person if I can't find something (which happens a lot because they are always changing stuff around), or have a question. Prices aren't that cheap on many items, I can get them at Dollar General cheaper with a lot less hassle. I would even pay a little more somewhere else just to not have to go into Walmart. I can be in a good mood when I get there and by the time I'm finished shopping and walk out the door, I'm a bear. :mad:

19. nikki_luvv

nikki_luvvNew Member

Threads:
    I've had similar experiences with Walmart. They have many check out lanes but always with no more than about 3 that are open no matter how long the lines are. They have a price match policy that looks so easy on the commercials, but whenever i try to utilize it, they give me a hard time and call over their supervisor who always ok's it. I admit that I've just dealt with it b/c their prices are great and so are the locations, for me it's as if beggars can't be choosers because I always find myself in there .:eek:

20. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    This is the reason why I don't go to Walmart. From the reviews I've heard, I don't even want to see the store.
    Fortunately, I have many stores here such as Target, Staples, everything similar to Walmart, but better.