Walmart Money Cards

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by liquidfuzzy • Sep 17, 2012.

1. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    These cards are made for people who aren't eligible for bank accounts or credit cards due to bad credit, so I purchased one to use for paying bills and online shopping. The problem I have is not really with the cards, per say. My problem is with the phone-based customer service. There's a very strong language barrier which I can usually get around, but when trying to explain a complex issue it can add to frustration when literally nobody available to speak with completely understands you. (To be fair you can't completely understand them, either.) I am not the type to usually be annoyed at that sort of thing but in numerous situations both the rep and I would repeat ourselves for ten minutes, both wondering why the other didn't understand.

Once, I asked to speak to a manager and the woman hung up on me! Also, I was told the issue I had would be resolved, and if it wasn't resolved in 4 hours I should call back. Well it wasn't, so I called back, and when I did they told me if the issue wasn't resolved in 6 more hours I should call back. It again wasn't resolved so I called back, and the man I spoke with told me he would not resolve my issue because although I was promised by 2 previous reps it would be resolved, HE did not feel my issue was valid. It was a nightmare! All over a missing $15.

Eventually, the issue was resolved. Do you have any experiences with these cards you'd like to share?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a Walmart money card years ago. I was visiting a relative in the South and my bank had no branches in the state. My stay was going to be a lot longer than I thought so I took a part time job so I wouldn't be bored. I used the Walmart card like a checking account. It was great. I never had any problems with the card.

3. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I had one years ago and had no problems. Is there any way you can try to solve any problems online? Just thinking that would solve the language barrier issue and you would also have a trail that is easily followed.

4. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    What sort of problems could you have with a money card that require a call to customer service?

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not used Walmart's card. I have used Green Dot with no problems. I do understand the frustration when you have a problem you are trying to rectify and the person you are talking to can not understand you or you them.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Its usually easier to take care of customer service issues online. I usually just create a account online and avoid the hassle. I know sometimes you just want to pick up the phone and call someone, but in these cases it will just rattle your nerves.

7. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    Like my original post says, money vanished out of my account. I needed my money immediately for something unexpected relating to my pregnancy. I couldn't have waited to write a request ticket, have it responded to, write another ticket, and so on. You might find that sometimes the internet doesn't solve all of our problems. ;)

8. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:

Yeah, this is a pretty common sense statement, Farrah. Thank you for it! I definitely would have preferred to do that if it were an option, but I didn't have all the time in the world.

9. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Your original post does not say that.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually, the last sentence of her original post says "All over a missing $15." So she did mention the missing money.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with calling customer service about her card and she shouldn't have to justify it. She has every right to expect good customer service and for her problem to be resolved by the time she gets off the phone with them.

She earned that $15, she worked for it and if it's not on the card then she has a right to know why.
    If I used a money card and my balance looked wrong, I would definitely not let it slide.

11. catevanne

catevanneMember

Threads:
    I agree about customers deserving good customer service-otherwise a customer will feel ripped off. That's bad for business, as word of mouth is still very powerful. Any company that thinks they don't have to provide good customer service is arrogant and deserves to lose customers.

12. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I had a really bad experience with the Walmart money card when I first starting using it. I had my amended income tax refund put directly on my Walmart money card and they had put a block on it which was almost 800.00, and I was not able to get any money out of my card or use my card, they blocked my own money from me. I had to call them twice and kept getting the run around. They made me send in copies of my ncome tax return, my Id, social the whole nine yards, and even after that I was told I had to wait till I was contacted by them which they said would be in 24 hours. Well needless to say two days passed and nothing, the whole reason behind having my money deposited into my wal-mart card is so that I would have my money faster, needless to say it took way longer, I could've had may money faster by check. In any case, I called them back and again they are telling me I have to wait for them to call me, so I asked them, why do you have a hold on my money, I told them I called IRS and they said they have no reason to hold my money and if they didn't release it to me that for me to call them back. So i conveyed this message with walmart and they passed me to somebody don't know who, and I verified everything over the phone that I had sent them and what IRS told me and within 20 mins my money was released to my Walmart card. It took me almost a week in total to get this taken care of. In any case,it was a horrible experience and the customer service was terrible. I was going to stop using the card, but I decided to try it once again and hope for the best and as of now I haven't had anymore problems with them, but come tax season, I don't think I'm going to have my money put on their again.

13. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really like using prepaid cards some charge a ridiculous fee every month and they sometimes keep your money from you. I know the rushcard was a piece of crap.

14. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I have on that I like. It works well for me when I place orders online and even offers direct deposit. Customer Service is really bad almost everywhere these days.

15. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Are you sure you don't mean Moneypak? Because I bought a Moneypak card once and had a good experience with it. Went smoothly when I transferred funds to my paypal account.

16. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    From someone who has worked at Walmart, if you cannot get through to an actual person that way, go to a Walmart. I hope you have a decent Walmart near you. If the people working at customer service in the store are dedicated/actually care about their job, they'll help you out. They cannot fix anything in-store, but if they're not busy they can call for you. Customer Service lines like that often respond better if the store itself calls them. When it comes to MoneyGram and things like that, they even have a special phone number to call that's different than the one you have access to.