Walmart - Online or Instore?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Daria • Dec 18, 2013.

1. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I like shopping at Walmart.com and having my items shipped to my store. That way I can just pick up my order and pay for it instead of having to shop and walk around. This is good for people like me who have medical issues. Do you prefer to shop online or at a brick and mortal Walmart?

2. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped online at Walmart. I'm not sure how much shipping would cost. I have a Walmart just down the road from me, so shopping at Walmart isn't a problem to me. I just get what I need and get out. I usually just buy food and things that I need right away at Walmart though. I shop online at other stores for other things though, such as clothing items and other things.

3. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I prefer to shop inside the store than online. I feel much secured if I am doing my shopping in the store itself. I am worried that somewhere, someone is trying to get my financial details. We all know what will happen next, fraudulent activity. Besides, I am not comfortable giving out those details in the internet.

Good thing,old fashioned instore-shopping is still available for shoppers like me!

4. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I would rather shop in store with Wal Mart then buy online. I have several friends that buy online and has the item sent to the store. They can easily just go up to their local Wal Mart and buy it right then. We have so much convenience that we are becoming to lazy to even go out to a store to buy something.

5. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I would much prefer going to the Walmart store because I can actually see the items myself. I am the kind of person who wants to look at the products before I buy them to decide whether or not I would buy them. I have to look at the build quality, specifications, and the descriptions so I can further make the decision myself. Plus, I like going shopping, which gives me the reason I prefer going to the store.

6. Cindy16

Cindy16Banned

Threads:
    If there is a store near me then why shop online? But in this case, there are items that I would rely so much online than buying it in store..

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually rarely go into Walmart, I always buy online. They actually have an online grocery shopping site that I really like and have bought from several times when I didn't have a car. It saved me a lot of time and effort ti have grocery delivered at home. I have also bought many times from the online website. Their shipping is quite fast, I can't complain.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shipping is free at Walmart.com if you use Site To Store and pick the item up at your local store. There are a lot more items available at Walmart.com than what they have at your local store.
    The selection is better and you can select items comfortably by clicking on search results instead of wandering around the store searching.

I live 3 blocks from a Walmart and I still shop on the site sometimes because I'd rather choose from 3,000 comforter sets on the site than 40 comforter sets in the store.

9. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I had a horrible experience with site to store at Walmart before. There was a lot of confusion and my order kept getting cancelled and then "un-cancelled." Something that I was supposed to be able to pick up the same day didn't arrive for 2 weeks.

I'm not a huge fan of shopping in-store at Walmart either, although I do go there for some things. I try to hit Target, the grocery stores and the dollar stores in my area first if I can.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that you could do that, do they charge any shipping costs to do that for you?

I absolutely hate shopping at Walmart in store, because the lines move so slow and the customers are generally rude. I would possibly do something like this, if I could go pick up the orders during some off hours, when the store isn't busy. Certainly it would be more convenient, but even getting through the parking lot can be a nightmare - the people walking out of the store are constantly walking right down the middle of the lane - oblivious there are cars behind them trying to get through. Finding a parking space is a pain as well.

I've actually done something similar though with stores such as JC Penney, since they don't charge for shipping if you have the stuff sent to their store. Honestly, it makes sense for them to do this, because once you get the customer into the store they are likely to make even more purchases.

11. MelissaEwan9

MelissaEwan9New Member

Threads:
    I usually shop online, but not yet saved big amount. Please send me wallmart coupon.

12. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    If you get it shipped to the store, you don't have to pay shipping. Sometimes, it arrives in a day. Sometimes, it takes several weeks. You pick it up in a separate part of the store: A small part in the very back.

13. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I have gone to their website to see what they have, but haven't actually ordered anything. I just go to there and shop for my stuff that I need since its just basic things like food or clothes. I do get a little more curious about ordering online from them during the holidays, but I've never done it. I guess I just haven't found anything to really make me try it out.

14. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart is doing good certainly on a few things,What i personally feel is going to the next level through the help of having some idea that which thing is like Target is doing and so is Walmart both are having some correct way of doing things and that is fine enough according to me.

15. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    It seems like a good idea to shop online with Walmart.com. I see one drawback though, you must walk to the back of the store to pick up your ordered items. While in the process of walking to the back of the store, you may see ten other items you need to purchase! If I could pick up my items at the front of the store, I could save a lot of money!

16. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    If you use ebates you can get 1-3% cashback from Walmart.com. On top of that, if you have a good credit card you can get another 1-3% cashback.
    So when we purchase our things we often use Walmart.com ship to store then pick it up. Not only do we basically get it tax free when you consider the above savings, but you also have the possibility of a larger selection of items as the website catalog has far more than what your store has.

Our big purchase though are those Relion diabetes test strips and since we're buying over $100 worth at a time, it can add up in savings.

17. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I would much rather order online when I'm dealing with walmart. I don't really like going to walmart. It's really like a zoo there. You have to wait in long lines with ghetto, trashy, obese people when there are like 20 lines closed. I just can't stand the people at walmart and the workers that take forever to ring you out. If I'm going to shop in store I always go to target.