Walmart Or Target?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by deecee • May 3, 2012.

1. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target to Walmart. Some of the worst experiences I have ever had in a store have been in a Walmart. Like other posters have said, Target also seems cleaner than Walmart and more organized.

2. gigi9

gigi9New Member

Threads:
    Target it so much better than Walmart for many reasons. It is cleaner, offers a better selection of non-food items, employees are more helpful, more registers open, and better store layout. I have noticed that the prices at Target are actually beginning to compete with Walmart as well.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I like Walmart prices, but their stores (at least by me) are always crowded and unorganized.I usually end up buying from them online only. I like Target Stores per say, they are always clean and organized, and the clothing seems to be a better quality. Guess thats why they are a little bit more expensive.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target. For some reason, it just always seems to be neater and more organized. I think for such a large company, Walmart really doesn't take enough pride in its image and the thoughts associated with it. And it doesn't matter what state or city it is in, they just don't care. It's like they get off on being the bottom of the barrel and you can see Target really going for the Tarjay image.

5. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    Well I would have to say Walmart because it seems to have a bigger selection than the local Targe ever did. We know longer have a Target and I haven't been to one in a long time. Years and Years. I did like Target though. I think Walmart has better prices anyways.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't have a Target. My only options are Walmart and Kmart, and the latter I'm not a huge fan of. I used to really like Walmart, but not so much any more. They've cut their stock down so much that I can no longer say "I can get anything there!" Target isn't too bad, so if I had one, I'd probably opt to go there instead.

7. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target. They tend to have a wider variety of almost everything I need to buy. Plus Target generally has more reasonable prices than the Walmart locations cloest to my home.

8. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    Well I am really not a fan of Walmart but since we don't have a Target here in Canada, I don't really have a choice. But later in the year, Target will be coming to Ontario Canada and I really look forward to checking it out...From the sounds of the all the replies here, I think it will be a great place to shop.

9. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target in all honesty. They're closer and they offer more locations than Wal-Mart in my area. The nearest Wal-Mart is 10 miles away while the nearest Target is only 3. This is always good for me. Generally I also find Target stores easier to navigate and cleaner as well. The employees are more helpful and I've always found deals on what I need when I need it. That and they're always having some sort of sale or discount on yogurt which is always nice for me.

10. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Kmart can be rather crappy. However, with their Your Rewards Your Way card, I've saved a lot of money. You get some credit for everything you buy in the store and it adds up to money that you can use in the store. There is no minimum for what you can earn on, even a pack of gum will get you points.

They seemed to cut back down on them, or either I haven't heard enough about them, but when they'd have the bonus days and weekends, I'd go in and buy at least $50 worth of stuff and get maybe $10 dollars back. For some reason, I can't remember exactly, but I bought a printer with their money and later on a gold chain with their money.

I always try to get my household goods from Kmart, just because of that.

11. Coffeeaddict

CoffeeaddictNew Member

Threads:
    Definitely Wal-Mart! They're practically everywhere and easy to go to. They also have a wide variety of goods than Target, allowing them to offer better deals and prices. it's like a one-stop shop where I can get everything that I need to buy for the household.

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Target. There are two stores really close to me. The older one was suppose to closer when the brand new one opened. The older one was very popular and is still open.
    There is a Walmart less than 10 miles from me, but it's nasty.

When I lived in Las Vegas, I mostly shopped at Walmart. The superstores and the local market Walmarts. I loved them. The local market near me in Vegas even carried organic vegetables.

13. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I can't seem to find anything in either place anymore. I still shop big K-mart. I love garage sales and second hand shops for unique items. They closed the target near our home and I occasional go to wal-mart but I find its a little expensive.

14. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    Well I only shop at Target the most because it is closer to my home. However, I actually prefer Walmart.Even though Walmart is not as neatly kept as most Target stores their prices are so much cheaper. So if I am in need of a large expensive item I will usually take the drive to another part of the city to visit Walmart to maximize my savings. I also enjoy the free site to store shipping as well that Walmart offers.

15. chassitymiller

chassitymillerNew Member

Threads:
    I avoid Walmart at all costs. Whereas I realize they have cheaper items, I have found that their quality is horrible. I also struggle with shopping at Walmart due to the way they treat their employees. Just watch some of the documentaries that have included Walmart. Plus, I find that Target is cleaner, the staff more helpful, more registers open, better quality product, and just an all around better experience. Its a little more out of the way for me, but I feel it is completely worth it.

16. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:

I shop at Kmart a lot also. Mainly due to their Your Rewards program. It's very rare that a store program works as clearly and effectively as that one does. You really do get money back for each purchase and it's very simple to turn around and spend the money in the store for other things that you may want, but not actually put out your own money for.

17. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really shop at any of these stores at least not often. If I had to pick one I would choose Walmart, because that is what is closest to me. Also there is a bunch of little food shops around mines so its pretty cool.

18. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Why must you make us choose?! :D This is a hard question. I'm going to have to go with Walmart. Target is more trendy, but they can't beat Walmart's prices. Also, I don't like the grocery selection at Super Target.

19. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I like going to Walmart because I always park near the back entrance and I am in and out without any trouble at all at my local store. It's nice and clean and neat in this one and I have no problem. I know I have been to the ones that you are speaking of and I avoid them at all cost. I'd rather pay full price than to go to those that are junky and not neat at all. And their employees are dumb founded when you ask them something. They need to train and train them good before they hire them.

20. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    That's a tough one, I usually go to Walmart just because of the prices and you can find basically anything there. The service is what makes me hate it though, cashiers are rude and you can never find someone helpful when you need them. At least you can browse without anyone bothering you a zillion times. Target is definitely better in service and also their merchandise seems a lot more trendy, unique but pricey. If I have a little extra cash on me I always go to Target.