Walmart Or Target?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by deecee • May 3, 2012.

1. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I prefer Walmart. I like the politics behind shopping there (heavy capitalism and consumerism right?) plus the prices beat Target by a long shot. Also, they have more items; particularly groceries.

Target is nice but it's more expensive. Yes, it's a higher-quality store, but if you'll be buying the same things anyway, then I can stand shopping at Walmart.

2. masteraljon

masteraljonMember

Threads:
    well, i also prefer wallmart, their services and items are really cheap, and it is also near to our home, almost 30min.

3. abbywillow

abbywillowNew Member

Threads:
    Target has the better clothing and accessory selection and has better quality overall. However, you can't beat WalMart for getting your groceries, makeup and socks all at the same time! Besides, my local WalMart is much closer than the nearest Target. I do like how Target has a Starbucks, though.

4. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Wal-Mart. It is definately cheaper and for me it has more of a variety of what I need. I've never been to a Super Target, so I'm not exactly sure what they offer but I love Wal-Mart because they have everything from groceries, clothes, and even furniture.

5. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I have shopped in both Target and Walmart. I like the deals in Walmart. Target comes off as a little expensive on certain items. I have a Walmart closer to me. But I hate going there because it is always full. Going to Walmart is like going to a club! No matter what time of night people are in there! lol!! Wow!

6. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Target is really the best in my opinion.

7. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Sorry, getting for the third choice: Whole Foods !
    I am not a big fan of processed food and, although Whole Foods tends to be expensive, I much rather shop there than at Target or Walmart .... just my vote...

8. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    If I have to chose between Walmart and Target I would definitely have to go with Target. Target's stores are more friendly to the eye and they tend to promote an image rather than just "deals". It is also proven that Target is just as cheap as Walmart, sometimes cheaper, so I feel there is really no reason not to pick them.

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love to shop at Walmart because they have so much to choose from and so many new and cheap items. Target on the other hand is a high priced store and not a lot of different items to choose from that you really want for a low price. Target is like Macy's, to high. We all can find some bargains but not like at Walmart.

10. mikydiky

mikydikyNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer Walmart because it is closer to my house and they have more items/products to select from. Walmart also provide good deals for phones and phone services like on tmobile. Target is great and all but it's not close to my house and they have less of an inventory. I pick Walmart.

11. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping at Target. It seems much more organized and less crowded than most Walmart stores. I agree that Target may not have the lowest prices but it wins hands down as far as shopping experience is concerned.

12. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    Target is the rich mans Walmart. They are basically the same exact items, but Target is selling them for about five times the price because they are seen as more upscale because they are French owned. Where Walmart is based in Arkansas, which many people view as hick owned.

13. olliesub

olliesubNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer Walmart because of their cheaper prices and overall service. Their prices are usually the lowest, so that is one big plus. They also provide excellent service. If I ever had a problem, they would always have a solution! I also like the diversity of the store. You have a big food section, big clothes section, and big toy section. Overall, I would go to Walmart anytime, but I still like Target as well!

14. beachdesign

beachdesignNew Member

Threads:
    I would shop at Target over Walmart, I like the atmosphere and the organization of the store way better than that of Walmart. I've had multiple bad experiences with Walmart and they don't have that great of products. When shopping with Target I feel pretty happy with all my purchases, well as far as shopping at a large business goes.

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I go with Walmart because I'm lazy and they're convienent. Also Target just seems to be more cost for less items overall.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target, it's closer to me than the Walmart store. Target has more items in the quality that I like than Walmart. I do like the Super Walmarts.

17. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    I'd have to say Walmart, because of their very cheap prices and wide selection. The Walmart near me is gigantic and has everything you could possibly think of needing. Walmart has pretty decent food for such a low price (Great Value is Walmart brand) and is the only place to go if you have one near you.

18. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    Target actually seems to have the lowest price on items I'm looking to buy. Plus not everybody and their mom shops there, unlike Wal-Mart. The employees seem to like their jobs better at Target as well and it's always a pleasant experience for me.

19. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Both are stores are extremely popular but I would still prefer Walmart over Target. I tend to go with the company that is most popular and that's Walmart. I believe that Walmart has more selection of products than Target. I'm not saying that Target is a bad store. I'm just saying that Walmart is so much better.

20. annagoryun

annagoryunMember

Threads:
    I would LOVE to know what Target is all about because I have never been to one. I've read about it, heard my favorite fashion bloggers talk about it, but I just do not have access to one. Is there one in Toronto. I know they are building one close to my house but the project won't be finished until 2014. I will most likely move away from here by then. Walmart is pretty cheap on brand names for make up and food, but I never buy clothes there. Whenever I bought clothes from Walmart they didn't last me too long so I decided to go with more trusted brands. However I sometimes go for their comfy shoes and home attire like pajamas. They are so fun to look at.