Walmart Or Target?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by deecee • May 3, 2012.

1. dmm2702

dmm2702New Member

Threads:
    I prefer shopping at Walmart. Walmart has lower prices and more selection. I also prefer Walmart. Because they have more groceries than Target has. Our walmart is clean and the employees are friendly.

2. darren777

darren777Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer Targets design and overall feel, but when it comes down to it im usually shopping at Wal Mart. If there were more Super Targets or just bigger targets like Wal Mart that would probably settle it.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't understand why people say that Target is so much more expensive than Wal-Mart. In my neck of the woods their prices are roughly the same, in fact, if you check the end caps at Target for items on clearance (which they almost always have) you can get stuff even more heavily discounted. I pretty much decorated my entire place with Target stuff, I just waited till the end of the season when they mark it all down for next to nothing. The only things I've seen that were substantially more at Target would be certain kitchen tools and utensils, but other items like tshirts, socks, toothpaste, shampoo, batteries, etc... are all pretty much the same in price where I live.

Both our Walmart and Targets have grocery sections in them now, though Walmart's is much bigger. Neither are particularly good for grocery shopping though imo. Walmart's produce is awful, and their prices on meat and other items aren't really that great either. Several times I've bought steaks there and when I opened them they reeked of sulphur and I had to return them. Target's grocery section is much more limited, it's mainly frozen foods, but it's convenient when you just need a couple items here and there and want to save yourself a trip to another store when you're out running errands.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Is there a Walmart in the UK? I think they are owned by the same company who owned Woolworths in the UK before 'Woolies' went bust.

5. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Target. I think their quality and style are better. They have better clothing, interior decor items, bed sheets, cosmetics, and luggage. I like their look too. I can usually pass through their aisles without bumping into something. And all the lighting and light colors they have is much more attractive. I get a different feel when I enter Walmart. The clientele is a bit different too. For all those that say they're the same... in my city Target has a Starbucks cafe (pretty expensive coffee) while Walmart has Subway.

But I have to admit when it comes to price and food, (Super) Walmart is better. Walmart's prices are lower. And their SuperWalmart offers a bigger variety of food even if it isn't always high quality food. But I do think the newer SuperTargets are trying to compete in this area.

6. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I don't have access to a Target either. In Canada, a lot of the Zellers stores are being turned in to Target in the new year, but the Zellers near me is just closing. Rumor has it that it will be replaced by a Giant Tiger. :mad:

Anyway, that means I stick with Walmart, and shop online for clothes.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to go with walmart because i don't have a target in town the closest one is an hour away and because when i shopped not to long ago on the target website it was very expensive they charged 16 dollars for shipping and handling for something that didn't even way a pound their shipping and handling is very expensive and a lot of things that they have that are expensive i can usually find at walmart or kmart cheaper.

8. Chsiung

ChsiungNew Member

Threads:
    I have to say i would rather shop at Walmart. To be honest i haven't seen as much Target stores then Walmart in my neighborhood so I tend to go to Walmart more often. Also during the holidays usually I have seen that Walmart gives more cheaper deals than Target. To me I have seem more larger Walmarts than Targets. To me it usually comes down to the location of the store and the price of the item usually.

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've always greatly preferred Target. I generally find the quality and selection to be better, you don't get nearly as many overtly crazy or obnoxious people hanging about, and now that ours offers groceries as well I can get most things that I need there.

10. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I shop more often at Walmart, but I prefer Target's items. Walmart doesn't really have the high quality, but they do have great prices. I don't like their business practices though, the way they treat their employees is deplorable. If I could afford it I would always shop at Target.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I like Target because the one near my house has a Pizza Hut inside the store. So I can get pizza while I shop. It doesn't get any better than that.

12. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Target. The important thing to know about Walmart is that they pay their employees minimum wage with no good benefits as well. Walmart is a monopoly which means where it Walmart moves, other small companies close down because of it.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Target has nicer stuff and more attractive stores, but Walmart is close to my home and cheap so that's where I go. I appreciate that Target has more stylish items but I'm not willing to travel out of my way for that.

14. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    Walmart is closer to my home so I shop there for groceries. However, Target is in a much nicer shopping center that I frequent often so I am not making a special trip just to go to Target. My Target has a Starbucks inside so I can get some coffee and relax a little bit before shopping.

15. cedrickismw

cedrickismwMember

Threads:
    Me and Wal Mart got off on the wrong foot, but even after I tried to get it together they still punish me. Target was maybe a little more partial to me and we ended on a proper note. I still would buy from both stores, just Wal Mart seems to be the McDonald's of retail outlets.

16. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    I really love going to walmart.They always have so many savings deals and they have everything that I look for. And best of all you have savings catcher app and price match. You can get money back if a product is sold cheaper in another store. I love it. Its a win win for me. Target is a great store to but they are a little expensive at times. But I go there when I wanna buy clothes sometimes. But they cant beat walmart at all. I love walmart its my number one store.

17. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target. Wal-Mart makes me anxious. It's always so noisy and there are so many shopping cart crash near-misses. The Target near me has groceries, and I think they are roughly the same price. I clip coupons, and on top of manufacturers coupons, there are often Target-specific coupons. And, I use Swagbucks rewards to justify avoiding Wal-Mart.

18. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I currently don't shop at either, but if I had access, I would prefer Target of Walmart because I do not like quite a few things Walmart does or the quality of their merchandise. I have seen much better thing at Target and feel like they are a better overall store environment and a better place to work. I don't know where all these wonderful stories about Walmart are coming from, but everyone I know who has worked at one said it was not a good place to work, they don't treat their employees well.

19. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I much prefer shopping at Target over shopping at Wal-Mart. It's a much cleaner store, in my experience. The prices are comparable. The customer service is much superior. And there is generally less people at Target so it's a lot quicker and more pleasant to shop there. The only thing Wal-Mart has going for it is it's prices. While important, other factors also weigh into where I shop.