Walmart "site to store" a pile of BS, and a store manager in hiding

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Meowmie • Jul 27, 2014.

1. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:
    Walmart has hit a new low, and I will NEVER, EVER enter another of their stores or shop at their website again.
    Yesterday I ordered 2 phones from Walmart.com and chose site to store delivery because it said it would be ready for pickup yesterday.

It wasn't. Supposed to have been ready by 9:44 pm yesterday, was listed 'in process' until after 10 am this morning when they changed it to 'ready to be picked up. My husband picked up the phones and they worked for what I wanted them to do (perk tv) so I ordered 2 more from Walmart.com.

I received an email saying my order was received and they would send another email when it was ready to be picked up. About 4 hours later I got an email saying the order was processed, and was ready to be picked up at the store.

My husband stopped what he was in the middle of and drove me, over 20 miles each way, to Walmart to pick it up. I go to the service desk, they say there is no such order maybe I went to the wrong store? I said no, it's this store, and I gave them the order number.

She looked it up and said "you cancelled it and it has been refunded"

I said no, I did not cancel it. She went to talk to someone else to figure out what to do. They told her that there was a store policy that they only let you buy 2 phones in one day, so they couldn't let me have these phones as I already bought 2 today. So they cancelled it and refunded the money.

I asked for the manager. Who then told me there was nothing he could do, it wasn't a store policy, it was a Walmart corporation policy and he picked up a phone and dialed. Then handed me the phone and said I would have to talk to them.

On hold, finally get a rep. He can't believe what I'm telling him, he checks and says there is nothing on walmart.com saying limit of 2 per day and if there was they should have let me know not tell me they were ready for pickup, and then cancel without even telling me. But, he can't do anything to help me. He works for the .com, I need to talk to walmart corporation so he transfers me.

I'm back on hold. for what seemed like forever. My feet are killing me from standing at the service desk for so long. The manager was long gone to stick his head in the sand. Eventually I get to talk to a woman, who then tells me she has to check on walmart policy and puts me on hold.

She comes back about 5 min later to inform me that there is nothing she can do, and she will have to 'escalate' it, and someone from walmart corp will be calling me to resolve the issue.

I told her not to bother. I'd be busy on the phone with the BBB when I got home.

After getting home, I found there is still no message from them that the order was cancelled, the status says "ready for pick up" and a visit to my credit card company shows they have a hold on it for the cost of the phones.

I heard on the news today that sales at walmart are dwindling. Pretty sure I know why!

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You didn't give enough information on the actual products. Are we talking about two contract phones or two non-contract devices? Otherwise, it sounds like a borderline bad customer service experience. It sounds like most of the employees, minus the manager maybe, tried to do something to figure out what was going on. I just need more information because I have a pretty thorough knowledge of Walmart's corporate policies, and it depends upon the type of phones you bought.

3. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    I don't think the in-store employees/managers can cancel walmart.com orders, so I'd suspect this is a higher-up issue.

I've heard of daily order limits on "high fraud" purchases, and cell phones might be one of them. Not sure what calling the BBB will do either - stores "have the right to refuse service" and that's what walmart.com did.

"
    Order Acceptance

There may be certain orders that we are unable to accept and must cancel. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason.
    Some situations that may result in your order being canceled include:

Limitations on quantities available for purchase
    Inaccuracies or errors in product or pricing information
    Problems identified by our credit and fraud avoidance department
    We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or any portion of your order is canceled or if additional information is required to accept your order.

Refunds for Canceled Orders
    If you placed your order using a Gift Card, eGift Card or Paypal, we will issue a credit to your account which should post within 10 business days.

If you used a credit card, Bill Me Later, ATM, debit or check card, your financial institution authorized the payment and placed a hold on your account at the time you placed your order. This authorization hold temporarily decreases your available funds. However, your account is not actually billed until the order ships, so if the order is cancelled and does not ship, the hold will expire in accordance to the timeframe set by your financial institution.

If you used the Cash payment method to pay for an order in a Walmart store, you can choose to pick up your refund at a customer service counter in a Walmart store, or have us mail you a refund check. We will contact you for your refund preference in the event an item is canceled.
    "

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate how Site to Store sometimes loses my items. One time when Site to Store lost my item, they wouldn't give me an immediate refund at the counter, wouldn't let me pick out a replacement from the sales floor, wouldn't let me do anything except wait a few days to get a refund, even though I spotted an exact copy of the same item I ordered on the sales floor.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Pretty strange policy to allow you to buy only 2 phones in a day, I guess it's some sort of scheme that they are trying to avoid?
    Couldn't you simply pick them up from the store directly, since you were there already? Or was it not available at the store?

6. troutski

Threads:
    In the case of contract phones, you can only set up two lines per account at a Walmart location. Otherwise, the system will lock you out and force you to acquire the phones directly from the wireless company. I don't remember if this is a daily limit or a cumulative limit, but I know it exists in some form for contract phones.

On the other hand, prepaid phones shouldn't come with any such limits. Since the OP never provided more information, I have no way of knowing what her specific situation was. Managers don't have as much power as you'd think when it comes to Site-to-Store items. There's a big disconnect between Walmart.com and in-store operations, so these orders can really mess up things for individual stores.

7. kal30314

kal30314New Member

Threads:
    I have to say this is no surprise how Walmart have treated you. Walmart has treated me the same way. I have complain on Walmart so much I can't keep count. The only thing I get is am sorry that it. I promise you if you do go back to Walmart nothing has change. Please don't try to send an email to Walmart that a no no. No one will email you back. That why I choose to stick with calling them.

Walmart at one point in time use to be the only favorite store I would shop at. I even spoke of them highly to all my friends & family. Now I really regret sending anybody to their store. The only thing good I can say about Walmart they do have the best prices & to make sure they bet their competitor they offer a Savings Catcher program.

8. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:
    The phone I purchased was LG optimus. I am not activating the phones, I am using them only to run apps.

I received a notice from walmart.com that I forgot to pick up my phones and I have a few more days to get there... Walmart.com and walmart do not communicate very well!

I got the phones I needed from Amazon. I should have gone there first.

9. troutski

Threads:
    Okay, you're right. In that case, the response you got from the store makes absolutely no sense. I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that. The communication between .com and Walmart stores is truly atrocious, and I can say that with confidence because I worked at a store in Southern California for over a year. The disconnect is sometimes so large that you really can't get much help with .com orders in the store. It's the sad truth.

10. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Whoa! Now that is a bad experience. I order a lot from Walmart in my area and I have never had this problem. My orders always arrive to the right location and I go inside to pick up my purchases with no problem. I will admit the staff at my Walmart location can be a little unorganized and often lack information on certain services I am seeking. That gets under my skin but it totally sucks that you experience this problem with them. Thank goodness it wasn't near Christmas season. I hope the items wasn't for a special occasion.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yeah, that sounds like a mess. I have a feeling that the people you were dealing with directly in store had no idea what was going on either and were only telling you what they were being told. Chances are, this was coming from above and they couldn't do anything at all for you. :(

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds pretty crazy, perhaps it had something to do with the carrier the phones would be getting service from? Maybe they don't want people buying a bunch of phones from Walmart then re-selling them elsewhere for a marked up price or something?

I've never placed any store pickup order with Walmart.com, but I have done so in the past with JC Penney and never had this much trouble. In fact, if I recall, I didn't actually pay for the merchandise until I went to go pick it up. I guess they figure if the customer doesn't come to get it, it's no loss to them they can just put it out on the store shelves.

13. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    That does sound like a mess, I'm sorry. It could be from people purchasing cheap phones and selling them as expensive and ripping people off. Certain things can only be bought so many times, but most of the time the Wal Mart people can't cancel items, it is someone up higher. Either way, I hate Walmart too, but they're cheaper than Target and have a better selection than Dollar Store. Hopefully I can find a different shop soon, I hate supporting Wal Mart.

14. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    People need to hear about this, and some action needs to be taken. I'll share this on my facebook, twitter & linkedin, and maybe forward it to WalMart & the BBB etc.

WALMART.COM should be loaded with this knowledge! (though you're right that maybe she should have 'sought clarification' from the .com ... maybe she's doing that as well as complaining here)

Then why didn't Walmart.com indicate the cancellation ON THE SITE??:mad:

That's why Amazon is better for online orders---'online' was their foundation, while 'online' is just "another song on the radio" to WalMart!

Your locality is 'well-schooled.' Sure, in modern times that means they are up-to-date on all the communications-tech they need; but at it's root it means they 'swim in formation' quite-well.

15. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    This really doesn't surprise me at all. I've tried site to store once and it was ridiculous. They promised me two days and it took over a week. Finally when it came in I was so happy that I didn't even care. Once I got there I took one look at the ripped package and cracked plastic and just said...are you joking? I can't believe they actually wanted me to pay for that after waiting for so long. And to top it off they looked mad at ME when I said no.