Walmart Sucks, but not for the reasons most people give

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by AlexMcLeod01 • Dec 12, 2012.

1. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I honestly have to disagree with you. Wal-mart have the cheapest prices than any store I been through. I always go there and shop for the stuff I need and end up getting it really cheap. I think it all depends on where the store is located.

2. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    Agreed about the quality of the produce. Piss poor if you ask me. I refuse to buy produce there because it's plain awful! If it's something I'm spending hard earned money on, I want it to be of good quality.

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've never cared for Walmart's clothes. Fashionable or not, I've always found better deals elsewhere. I'm turned off by Walmart's size. I prefer to get in and get out, and that's nearly impossible there. I do shop there from time to time, and you can never believe how busy it is, and like someone else said, they only have two checkouts open.

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    The Walmart by me has pretty good prices and quality however the insane long lines are enough for me to not go to the store frequently as I used to. The only time I go there now is first thing when they open or on a Friday night after work when the store is less crowded. Otherwise it's a zoo.

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Strangely I've not had much problems with long lines at Walmart outside of certain periods like holidays and the first of the month. I will say quality can grossly differ depending on location, but other than that I haven't much of problem with them aside from how the prices tend to creep up when you aren't looking.

6. alishamilan

alishamilanNew Member

Threads:
    Although walmart is helpful for many people. But I am not like them so much. Although there service is not too bad.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Alot of you guys who say you hate Walmart will still be shopping there a few weeks from now because A) their prices are really cheap, and B) They're the only game in your town or area where you live. Me I live in NY so I have never shopped at a Walmart before. Probably never will because NYC won't grant them access to putting one in our city. Although they beg for it ever year. We have Best Buy and Target though.

8. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    \

Wait....you agree that it sucks but you still go there? If it sucks as bad as you say, you should be taking your business elsewhere. The fact that you haven't tells me that you don't think it sucks as bad as you say.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    True, I don't know about the prices in other cities, but the prices of many grocery items are cheaper in my Miami, Florida Walmart than at the local supermarket. So I mostly buy groceries there but I agree that I wouldn't buy clothes there again. I've bought a few t-shirts there that had cute designs but didn't last long enough to qualify as an actual bargain.
    I haven't really had any customer service issues except for one rude cashier that asked way too many probing questions about some air freshener sprays that I was buying on clearance for 50 cents.

#29Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    I can definitely understand all of the reasons given for why you don't like Wal-Mart. I rarely shop at Wal-Mart anymore and it is mainly due to the prices and the customer service. They don't treat people as though they are valued customers and have therefore, lost my business. I used to shop there once a week, now hardly ever, unless I can't find what I am looking for anywhere else. Their prices are constantly rising and the quality of their products has declined.

11. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I have never heard of anyone saying that Walmart sucks until now. That makes me sad because I absolutely love Walmart; they have everything that you may need. I think they are the cheapest compared to drug stores. If I go to Walgreens for shampoo and conditioner or a make up product, it cost much more than Walmart. I have never had any issues with the products that I have bought or the food. Everything seems to be great in my experience but everyone is not going to like Walmart and I guess I will have to live with that. :(

12. Gamrpro

GamrproMember

Threads:
    I think just because of the reputation they have they would drive prices up, basically taking advantage of it. But with the lines thing, I do find it annoying that the lines are always packed. But maybe it's our location (you're probably located in a highly populated city like me).

13. gabstaff

gabstaffMember

Threads:
    Like other people I do not like shopping at Wal-Mart, but when you have 2 teenage boys that eats everything and one girl that eats also (but doesn't gain an ounce!) The price of the food really can't compare. Also the boys are growing, so the when we know the boy won't wear their clothes for more than a year, that we go for the cheap stuff. But also it depends on how much you take care of the clothes you buy at Wal-mart. I have bought several pairs of yoga pants two years ago, and I still wear all of them.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too ,I'm a big Walmart fan. I think the problems with produce might be a regional thing because at my local Walmart in Florida, the produce is pretty good. My daughter and I have fun on our shopping trips to Walmart, they basically have any cosmetic product that you could ever need at a good price. They have everything a person could need, from hardware to coffee. Walmart has kind of a trashy reputation because they're a discount store, but I've embraced that trashy reputation and I love internet Walmart humor.

15. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    My mother was never a big fan of Walmart the few times she went to one she found it to just be too big and excessive. To be honest I sort of have the same view on the place. However, I do like Kmart, to me this store has pretty much the same as Walmart with its prices. Yes, Kmart doesn't have a grocery store area, but hey do we really need that in a department story anyway. I also don't agree with the way Walmart tends to treat their employees. Last Thanksgiving was outrageous and I was glad the employees decided to take a stand, I don't know what good it did but at least they let it be known that they weren't happy with the stunts Walmart was pulling.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the "big and excessive". It's like a mall in one building and my daughter and I can happily spend a couple of hours there looking around. I like having a grocery store within the Walmart. I agree that it's ridiculous that a Walmart employee died one Black Friday and I don't participate in the Black Friday stuff because it's ridiculous to throw elbows with a crowd of people just for a small chance at getting a cheap TV.

17. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't live in the US but I quite like how the Walmart company is running Asda, a big supermarket over here in the UK. Asda is easily the cheapest supermarket, they beat Tesco on most products and they also have a price match system.

18. LayneJackson

LayneJacksonNew Member

Threads:
    its too expensive to shop it there i dont like it lollll

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If Walmart is too expensive for you, I don't know what to tell you. I once bought a pile of Christmas t-shirts on sale for $1.25 each. If Walmart is too expensive for you, maybe you would like Dollar Tree better.
    I have never heard anyone call Walmart too expensive. Once when I was nearly broke, I walked into Walmart with $8 and some coupons and came out with 2 bags of groceries.

20. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with all of what you mentioned! I would like to add that their prices do not always match the prices on the shelf too. There are so many times that the shelf said one price and yet when got to the checkout, it rang up more then the shelf price. When you tell them about it (at least at our Walmart), they are not very friendly about it and make you look like an idiot in front of the customers behind you. Kind of like they are trying to make you the bad guy for holding up the line. One manager actually had the nerve to tell the employee ringing me up (after she had to go check the price when it rang up $4 more then the shelf price) that "the price was not wrong on the shelf but just give it to her for the price she claims it was." The whole time she was looking at the people in line behind me like to make me the idiot.

It took a lot to keep myself composed and not make her feel like the idiot, I just kept it cool. But I do know the price was wrong, I matched the sku numbers and everything so for her to tell everybody that I was wrong but they will give it to me anyway really hit a wrong spot. This happens almost every shopping trip there and I don't do major shopping there. I can trust buying shampoo and stuff like this from them, but no clothes or anything.