Walmart Sucks, but not for the reasons most people give

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by AlexMcLeod01 • Dec 12, 2012.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I am not the happiest person with walmart either, but it is the only store we have to shop here where I live and the clothes are usually priced low, and don't last forever, but it is like others have said you get what you pay for, and beings that it is usually cheap, you can always go buy more clothes later I guess.

2. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness, I'm not alone! I used to shop at Walmart for EVERYTHING! But, it slowly began to dawn on me that the quality was just very low. It began to feel like one big throwaway bargain bin. What I used to think were great deals began to fade as I branched out to other stores. It didn't take long to recognize a difference in quality and price. I haven't set foot inside a Walmart in almost two years.

3. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have to disagree. The prices are quite competitive in my area at least and they will price-match all the other stores regardless. I also never have issues with my coupons there. I haven't purchased a lot of clothing from them, but I like the George clothing line. I have seen some pretty cute items. But I do still shop in the more young adult area. As for the grocery complaints, I don't buy meats or fresh produce from them regardless.

4. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I live in NYC so I doubt we'll ever see a Wal Mart here. They're too slavish about workers. NYC is a big Union town and rightfully so. Employees need and should have rights. So until Wal Mart changes their operating procedures, one won't ever get here.

5. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    Between Walmart, Kmart, Meijer, and Target, I think Target has the best quality of clothing. In fact Walmart has beautiful look clothing considering the price. You are correct, though, the clothes fall apart too quickly and are not really saving anyone anything. I have never had the produce from Walmart. Indeed the company pays the staff such mediocre pay that the staff does not care about customer service. I do not like shopping at Walmart in the store.
    I find that Walmart online is so much easier of an experience. I like shopping online all together. I am able to compare the price on similar items at different stores. Then I am able to get the best price for the items I want.

6. kristinaw

kristinawNew Member

Threads:
    I don't like WalMart either. It attracts all the wrong people. I would never consider buying food there. I've only been inside a store because I had to go with a friend of mine.

7. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you for the most part. Walmart produce is horrendous. And the meat department is not much better. And as far as the meat goes it is very overpriced. Yes it is very frustrating to only see two or three checkout lines open. Especially when they have a total of about 20 lines in the store. And our local walmart just added the self-checkout aisles. They are worthless and constantly malfunctioning. And when we need help the workers act like they just could not be bothered and how dare we ask for help. It is very annoying. I have not bought to many clothes at wal-mart, nor have my kids. We really do not like the style of clothing they offer.

The only reason that we do go there is that we can get a variety of things all at once. And we do not have to run around everywhere. The groceries(not including produce or meat) do tend to be cheaper to me. So we do go there for groceries. And different toiletries are alot cheaper there as well.

8. effy

effyNew Member

Threads:
    Recently, in my city, a couple of stores shut down and were demolished so a walmart could be build. This makes me so mad. They monopolize busy and completely demolish smaller businesses. I like to see smaller shops prospering and feel better about paying more for a product if it's at a smaller business. You have to wonder how much it actually took for walmart to make and stock a product, and how much capital they are gaining. It is no secret that walmart is crazy wealthy, so i don't like their prices or their presence in my community.

9. Thomas1117

Thomas1117New Member

Threads:
    I always though Wal-Mart was a magical place with rainbow smiles, but the lines are quite terrible, that's a good point.

10. cmilliken

cmillikenMember

Threads:
    Alex, I totally disagree with you. The prices are amazing when compared to other stores. In fact, in most sections Walmart has the best prices I have ever come across. The produce and meat are on par with most other grocers. Regarding the clothing...Walmart is not American Eagle. The purpose of Walmart is to provide an affordable way of purchasing necessities. Products naturally are not going to be top notch.

11. sking61

sking61Member

Threads:
    I like Walmart. I do price comparison for every store. I do see items in the supermarket section that are higher poultry than my local supermarket. Their condiment are cheaper than my local supermarket so I usually stock up that.