Walmart Tin Foil

Discussion in Product Reviews started by regicide3342 • Apr 19, 2015.

1. regicide3342

regicide3342New Member

Threads:
    I found this really cheap tin foil at a local Walmart and I thought about buying it. Does anyone have any experience with this product? I'm not sure of the quality so I am a bit hesitant of buying it. What do you guys think about it? Worth a try?

2. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    I use the Wal-Mart brand tin foil all the time and have no complaints. I feel like compared to Reynolds, it holds up just as well. I mainly use foil to cover a casserole that just came out of the oven and as a spill-catcher when baking sweet potatoes or a pie or something will spillover. I do not know how it would compare to heavy duty, but then again, that would be like comparing apples to oranges.

3. tckc

tckcNew Member

Threads:
    I think the quality is just as good as any brand.
    My only real complaint about the Wal-Mart brand is that the tear strip doesn't do a very good job. Or maybe I'm just a bad tear-er, haha. But I always end up ripping it at a diagonal, so now I just use scissors or do it very, very slowly.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Using scissors kills two birds with one stone. You keep your tin foil neat and your scissors sharpened.

I've used the Walmart foil before. I use whatever brand is the cheapest. I tend to go that route with stuff that is going to get tossed anyway.

Like @barkingsquirrel@barkingsquirrel said, unless you're comparing it to heavy duty, there's really not much difference. If you can save money with it, it's worth a try, in my opinion.

5. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    In all my years of cooking i have only run across one brand of tin foil that didnt work fine. It was a dollar tree item... one of the few that didnt cut it for me. Wal mart generics usually hold up pretty well, anyway, though. If I were iffy about generic products, based on my experience, if wal mart put it out I would probably try it.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart generic products are usually pretty good, I get them all the time. I have also tried the Dollar Store foil which was ok, I do like the heavier foil when baking and lining my baking pans. If you have to use twice as much foil at a cheaper price you are not really saving money, it would be better to pay the higher price and use less of the more expensive product.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you seriously putting that much thought into tin foil? It's tin foil! Walmart sources most of its generic items straight from the same manufacturers that make the name brand items. That's why you see a Walmart brand for almost every name brand in the store.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Walmart tinfoil. It does the job perfectly fine. Don't spend so much time overthinking a tinfoil purchase. It's not a high dollar item. If you don't like it, you can always go back to your usual brand.

9. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    To be honest, in all forms of tin foil I have purchased and used, tin foil is tin foil, no mater how glamorous they look or if they are expensive or cheap, it all does the same job in my opinion, which is why I only ever buy the cheapest tin foil I can find!

I would be surprised if you found a tin foil that was any better than the rest!