Walmart's Ad-match Vs. Walmart's Savings Catcher

Discussion in Hot Deals started by mythman • Mar 6, 2016.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Some questions: How do these work? Does each do the job of the other?

Ad-match--I understand--is where you basically 'tell the check-out staff that you saw a recent ad that sold the product you're buying a few cents cheaper' and they give you the discount for the same price (yes, you're 'surer of the discount' if you bring the ad with you; but it's possible they'll believe you without it).

The Savings Catcher works when you 'scan a product in the store' (or enter your receipt's TC-number on the site found with the redirect "WMT.CO"), and (I hear) they compare locally advertised prices with your paid prices & pay you 'the difference you would've saved' (if any).

That brings me to questions behind the second question above: Do Walmart's people get those ads the same way shoppers do? (free with the newspaper, in ad-circulars local associations send out, hunting on the Internet, etc.) Is there staff that specializes in Savings Catcher matching? Or do the stores just rely on 'people bringing in Ad-Matching ads' to 'Catch Savings'?

I guess I could look up "official WalMart Policy" on those questions, but I think I'm more-interested in how that works-out IRL. Any experience with it?