Want a tip? Don't use Paypal.

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Gailius • Sep 22, 2012.

1. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I guess they still haven't elaborated on what has happened. I love PayPal. I had an issue with a Company that I signed up for a Free trial offer and when I called I couldn't get through. I couldn't go online and cancel the subscription and I contacted the Company that took the money and they didn't want to refund my money. So I filed a Complaint with PayPal and they got my money in less than a week. That showed me great credibility and boosted my faith in PayPal. I have nothing bad to say and because they offer this free service I feel if something is over a certain amount we should have fees. They have to keep the site running somehow.

2. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like PayPal at all but am forced to use it if I want to sell on eBay (and I hate eBay anyways). Someone needs to hurry up and make something like PayPal, but only better and more universally accepted! xD

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only problem I've ever had was last April. My Paypal debit card was one of a large batch that was mailed out without any way to activate it. They had technicians working on the problem for almost 2 months. Finally they found the problem and everyone whose cards were mailed last April were able to activate them. Apart from that one glitch with the wave of defective debit cards shipped out, I haven't had any more problems.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I've never had a problem with charging fees this news to me. I mean I prefer because I have been scammed numerous times by certain website but Paypal as sided with me every time. The only time my account was when they thought someone was accessing my information and I had to verify that I am the rightful owner.

5. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I know of another site that is similar to PayPal, but I do not know if it is better with the Company that I work with they offer you to get paid by PayPal or this other option. It is called

. Have you heard of Payza? If I didn't have a PayPal account I would have signed up for it just to see what it was about.

6. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    So far the only issue I have ever had with Paypal was an incidence where they randomly restricted my account saying they needed me to verify my social security number online, which I was not willing to do. They would not allow me to send or receive money to my Paypal. After a quick call to PayPal without disclosing my social security number over the phone, my problem was solved.

I now use my Paypal to receive payment for my online work and also occasionally use it to buy things in store where Paypal is accepted. I'm not sure about PayPal freezing accounts, but it seems to be a common trend for companies, to freeze an account if to many withdrawals or payments are being sent. I think they are trying to prevent fraud.

7. messlisa

messlisaNew Member

Threads:
    I have been using paypal for years and have yet to have an issue with them. They are a safe and reliable company that has fulfilled my wishes every time I have used them. If you are having issues with them, they have a toll free number you can call and speak with customer service about. I have called this number before concerning my account and the problem was resolved instantly.

8. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I've used Paypal for quite a long time, I've only once had a problem and it was solved.

Paypal suddenly locked my account. They never told me why, but I think I know. They claimed it was a random review. It happened right after I made a lot of very small purchases within a short time-span, while also being out of my home country. I suspect that's the reason.

They asked me to upload some simple proofs of identity. It was solved within a few days.

They do charge a fee, but it's quite small usually. If I can't use my card as it's for buying something between private people; not businesses, then it's not a problem since it's so small and I can't use my card.

I always refuse to accept payment by Paypal though. I've heard of too many people doing a chargeback. Apparently you can only win as a seller if you have physical proof that you've sent the goods, such as a receipt for recorded delivery. Even then people can use the 'someone stole my account details' excuse. If you're selling electronic goods, then you have absolutely no protection.

9. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Who cares if your account gets locked?
    It's your account, you should have the information if it gets locked.
    Whether it's proof of your identity, or DOB, you should have it.

10. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Indeed, it's a very touchy place, so i usually just use to receive payments when i can't choose another way and then quickly transfer it to my bank account. Handling money is always a bothersome thing to do...

11. joshAnthony

joshAnthonyNew Member

Threads:
    I've been using Paypal for quite sometime now and I have never encountered any problem. They are really protective and safe, once you follow their guidelines and are verified you should have a problem. I have heard many horror stories about Paypal randomly closing accounts with money in them but that has never happened to me and I don't want that to happen.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    mmm that's odd I have used paypal for years and have never had a problem with them. Also I have always used paypal to pay for things online and never had a problem and never got charged any fees

13. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Paypal sometimes puts a refund on 'hold'. This is because they pay the seller before they have received the money from your bank (although the money may have shown as being taken from your account). Therefore, it stands to reason that they cannot refund you (the buyer) until they actually have the money from your bank to refund. This happened to me just last week. The refund went through after a few days and I got the money back. No drama. Nobody 'stole' anything from anybody else. It's just how they do business. If you aren't happy with their Ts and Cs then you should not use them. I've never had any problem with Paypal - except the fees they charge if you sell on Ebay - but again, I want to sell on Ebay so I accept the charges.

14. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using PayPal since around 2004 and the only fees I have seen is when I am receiving money and sending money to individual people, never companies and certainly nothing more than a couple of pence. There are certainly worse on the market - MoneyBookers springs to mind, they not only charge you for receiving money but also for sending money to your own account.

15. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal because I get paid for my writing work through it. I also have a Paypal debit card, and I never transfer money from Paypal to the bank. I haven't had any problems so far. I'm sure Paypal has its issues, just like any other company, but I honestly haven't had any problems with it. They don't even charge me the exorbitant fees that my bank does. For instance, my Paypal balance was -$12 once because a tip I had left at a restaurant went through later on and I had forgotten about it, and they didn't even charge me a fee. My bank would have charged me $35. I wouldn't do that on a regular basis because I don't want my account to get closed or locked, but it was fine until I paid it a couple of days later.

16. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly have been using PayPal for a few years now and I never had any fee.
    Maybe it doesn't apply to people living in the use because I have had a smooth transaction every time I wold shop online so this comes as a huge shock to me.

17. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I've done many transfers from Paypal to my bank, with no problems at all. I don't like the 3 to 4 day delay, but what can you do? I don't like to keep large sums of money in Paypal, though, so transfers are a must. Not that I've had huge sums of money, but a few hundred dollars is a good amount to me. I would rather have it sitting in a real bank.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If they lock your account and you need to get your money out, it can be very inconvenient to wait for them to verify your identity. Meanwhile you have $400 sitting in your Paypal and need to buy groceries and can't get to the money in your Paypal account. I can see why someone would be upset about a locked account.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The fees are for sellers, not buyers. If you are selling on eBay or some other site, Paypal will charge you a fee to receive a payment from a customer. If you're buying online, then you wouldn't pay any fees to use Paypal.

20. beachwood

beachwoodNew Member

Threads:
    I have got to say that I have been using PayPal since the 90's and have never had one problem like this. Not saying it doesn't happen, it has just never happened to me or anyone I know of. Hopefully it is an isolated incident as whenever I have any question or concern with PayPal they are quick to help and quick to answer my queries.