Want To Save Money From Different Commercial Establishments? Bring Your Grandma Or Grandpa With You!

Discussion in Hot Deals started by Beast_Titan • Jan 11, 2017.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    If you are a senior citizen or a member of your family is a senior citizen , it is an advantage that you need to take advantage of because it can benefit the whole family. There are commercial establishments from fast food chains to Five star hotels that gives discounts to seniors. The discounts ranges from 15 percent to 50 percent so it is an advantage you should not ignore.

I treat my grandma, nephews and nieces to a restaurant, The money used to pay the bills is mine but she is the one who paid on the cashier because all the items we consumed got 25 percent discount because she is the one who paid the bills using my money. Thanks to her trusty senior citizen ID card I saved a lot of money and also made my grandma happy.

These are the establishments that give senior discounts for the US:

These are the establishments that gives discounts for seniors for the UK:

These are the establishments that give senior discounts for Canadians:

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Wow that is really a good saving. I have't though of this yet. As a senior citizen you can have a lot of benefits like getting preferences in many services and discounts in products. Thanks for sharing this idea.

There are many concessions and benefits for senior citizens in our country too. There is a higher cap of exclusion from Income Tax, higher interest rate for bank savings, utp 50% discounts on air, rail and road travels, discount on installation and bills on telephone usage etc. But I think most them do not take advantage of these facilities as they are not aware of these facilities.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a senior citizen who is privileged with 20% discount in restaurants and 5% discount in groceries. But here in the Philippines, the discount is exclusive for seniors only. When I eat out with 2 non-seniors, the bill is divided into 3 before computing for the discount. With the groceries, the discount is limited to 65 pesos only, that's about $1.50 only.

4. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    It is very much the same over here. The discount is limited to only the senior citizens themselves, and while I could let Grandma do the grocery shopping, give her the money and let her pay for the goods, it seems a bit unfair since she shops online. It would also cost more in petrol tp pick her up and drop her off than I would save!

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Where I am, such a discount has never been preached or practised.

This is a real good opportunity that actually helps the senior citizens who are loners.

If the family is included then its a bonus of course.