Washing your hair

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Strykstar • Oct 15, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I wash my hair once in every three days. I have quite long hair and find it very difficult to manage it when I wash it. Hence, I wash as rarely as possible. I also think it is quite dangerous for the hair if you wash it on a everyday basis as the hair gets devoid of natural oils.

2. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wash my hair too often, actually. It sounds dirty, but my hair gets compliments all the time! It really gets less oily now than it used to when I washed it twice or three times a week.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Our warm, humid climate tends to make me sweat a lot. Plus I wear product when I go out, so if I’m having an average week I need to wash my hair daily. If it’s a quiet week, though, or the weather’s a bit chillier than usual, I cut it down to every other day or so. I have experienced the overly oily hair from washing too much, though. One thing that helped, other than cutting down on how often I wash, was switching shampoo brands every few uses.

4. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to wash my hair every day but now usually only once a week. And then I mostly am scrubbing my scalp and not so much my hair. When I'm done scrubbing my scalp I will pull the suds down through to the ends of my hair as I rinse but don't really scrub the hair. My hair is pretty long right now though. If it were short I might wash it a little more often without being too concerned about damaging the ends.

5. Gwendolyn Fredricks

Gwendolyn FredricksNew Member

Threads:
    I do wash my hair at least twice a week. And yes, I always condition my hair after each wash, using a conditioner cap for at least 15 minutes or more. It just depends on the damage of the hair. I also, use beer to wash my hair when I want an extra shine and body.

6. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I did before but I was informed that by doing so, I was damaging my hair even more. So I opt to just wash my hair every other day and use dry shampoo when I feel like my hair is oily or sticky. When I don't wash or shampoo my hair for a few days, I can totally see the difference! My hair would be super smooth and soft when I wash it after days of not washing it. It's because of all the oils that are good for our hair that should come out of our hair. When we do wash our hair, the natural oils won't come out hence damaged hair. So I suggest you should really try not washing your hair everyday. See if you have the same results.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only ever wash my hair when it gets dirty, which is about every three days. I make sure to use a mild shampoo with natural ingredients and only use cold water to wash my hair. Hot or warm water makes my hair dry out quickly. Fortunately, I live in the tropics, where it's normal to shower in cold water. I don't know how I would fare with my habits in a cold country.

8. Gwendolyn Fredricks

Gwendolyn FredricksNew Member

Threads:
    Lucky you! I usually wash my hair with warm water, and I use Wen hair treatment.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    During the summer I sweat a lot and I keep my hair short. Most of the time I will wash my hair every day if I have been sweating or at least once a week to avoid drying the natural oils from my hair by over washing it.

10. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Washing your hair everyday really isn't good for it. It strips away the outer layer and essential oils. Sometimes if you wash your hair everyday it can become greasy faster. Unfortunately many people have to wash their hair every day because it is thin and gets dirty very quickly. I recently started using dry shampoo. I try to wash my hair 5-6 times a week as opposed to 7 which I used to. I find that when I skip a day of washing it, it looks so much cleaner and shiner when I finally do wash it. If I have a party or big event I will try to not skip a wash earlier that week. It makes such a difference.