Washington Dc Attractions

Discussion in Travel started by Kylrey • Jan 26, 2015.

1. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Washington DC offers mesmerizing attractions. Specially its and ideal destinations for history lovers. I visited there about six months ago along with my friends. Following are some of my most famous attractions where i visited during my journey. If you guys visited there too,,,, then must share your experiences here.
    The White House
    Washington Monument
    World War II Memorial
    The reflecting pool
    Martin Luther King Jr Memorial
    National Museum of Natural History

2. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    It has been about 12 years since I went to D.C., but one of the other places we visited that I enjoyed was the International Spy Museum, which was a neat place to learn about some of the different tools and facts about spies. They made everything fun, it was not a boring museum by any means. Another museum that I visited was the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. This was a very emotional museum to visit, but it gave me a better understanding of what happened during the Holocaust. I felt it was important not to forget what happened during that time in history.

3. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    steph7h! after reading your post i think i got some new destinations for my next tour to DC. Because i never visited Spy Museum and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. But being a history lover i think these would be nice spots for me. Would you like to share some images too ..........

4. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, Kylrey you should visit these places if you have great interest in history. I also have great interest to see the heritage sights all over the world. In fact I visited both of these spots and really enjoyed there. You can see a rich blend of history there.

5. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    I actually don't have any pictures of these two spots. It was before I had a digital camera, so I just used a cheap one-time use camera and didn't actually take that many pictures on the trip.

The Holocaust Museum would probably take more time to get through than the spy museum. I remember the Holocaust Museum being very big, with information on several floors, whereas the Spy Museum seemed to only be on one level.

Another thing we did while we were there was to watch the changing of the guard for the tomb of the unknown soldier at Arlington National Cemetery. There is more info about there here:

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in the DMV area, it is a very interesting place to visit. I had a job a few years back that I would take the train to my stop and walk to the office. The area that I walked thru was historical afro-american history jazz greats homes like Duke Ellington and several more. The homes have information boards on them giving some of the history of the home. Often I was late because I was reading the information on the houses. Great place to visit.

7. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I have had the pleasure of visiting DC a few times. The first time we did all the tourist attractions. In later visits, I did more activities that the locals would do. I particularly like checking out some nice restaurants. I dined at La Tomate, it's the restaurant that Chelsea Clinton had her first date. Ironically, I was having a first date with someone myself that day! There is also a trolley tour that takes you through some of the great neighborhoods with the embassies and ambassador homes. Also, don't forget to visit the Smithsonian.

8. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    steph7h...!! Thanks a lot for this nice sharing. i am sure your suggestions would be really beneficial for me.Now i got enough knowledge after visiting your shared link. Thanks buddy

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When people are talking about the Washington and its tourism, nothing else comes in my mind, but the Grand Canyon. It's the only thing there to which I want to go. I really like natural geological jewel, and Grand Canyon is among those that I fascinate the most.

10. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    No doubt Grand Canyon is a well known and mesmerizing attraction of United states. But my friend for enjoying there a visitor typically have to cover 3687 Km distance from dc to grand canyon. That canyon is a most promising one attraction of Arizona for adventure lovers. I visited there with my friends and we had great journey there. ‎Havasu Falls, ‎Grand Canyon Skywalk and ‎North Rim these are most alluring one destinations of that region. I visited there after completing my boston new york washington dc tour.

11. Florene

FloreneNew Member

Threads:
    I really like the way you guys are discussing about Washington DC. Washington DC is my one of the most favorite travel destination, and I have visited it so many times. I always enjoyed myself while visiting the place, and always feel a new experience.

12. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    Florene, which places of this destination you have been visited during your tours? And what kind of attractions you want to see in Washington DC and where you want to go again and again in your life?

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never come across this places but I think it is a wonderful way to spend time and have fun. I believe it is great if one is able to spend all their time and energy in exploring these places. I do believe that these places have lots of stories and history.

14. egrocket

egrocketNew Member

Threads:
    The thing I love about DC is the fact that most of them are free. I love how I can take my kids to these places and not feel the need to spend money. I do not do things like tour the white house because they are just too dang expensive.

15. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah i agreed with egrocket...!!DC is most prominent one travel destination that offers plenty of mesmerizing spots those are free of any kind of charges. Like National Mall offers number of famous memorial and monuments those are totally free to see.

16. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I have been there once, 3 years ago and I must say Washington DC is maybe the most beautiful US city in my opinion. As you already mentioned the city is full of statues and memorials and lots of green too.

17. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Shoter..!! DC is world's most famous one destination for historical spots. But yeah i agreed with you it also consist beautiful natural viewing inside. That fascinates nature lovers. Like George waterfront park and Hillwood Garden these are my favourite ones. I visited there during my tour.
    Hillwood Garden
    hillwood-credit-Hillwood-Museum-and-Gardens_1.

18. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:
    Washington DC is one of the most amazing and worthwhile kind of state of United States. I have been to there like twice in my life and had great time there. That just always makes me feel so great whenever i explore the state a lot. I think it's just an perfect destination for the people who likes to explore the memorials and historical kind of place.

19. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Jackob...!! After reading your post i think you are one biggest fans of dc as well as i am. I especially prefer to visit there during spring season for being a part of cherry blossom. Where this historical one destinations offers nature's enhancing and alluring views all around. Have you ever been there during this season?Then must share your experiencing here with us. I would love to read your travel story:rolleyes:

20. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:
    Kylery, I have been visited the state like a few months ago while on a tour to United States, There are a lot of the amazing sort of places in DC to visit. So i always like to visit the place. I'm sure that will also a be a great experience if ever i'll be there.