Watching Movies at Cinemas

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by vida_llevares • Dec 22, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think the cinema will ever go away. I relate it to dining out. We can all cook at home, but there is something magical about dining out. The same can be said about watching movies in the theater. I like the whole process of buying snacks at the concession stand, finding my seats and just relaxing with my boyfriend. It's fun and a whole night out.

2. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I personally don't see much value in going to the movie theater anymore. I barely go anymore myself, but barely going has kind of made me appreciate the experience a lot more since I just do it while out with friends every once in a while.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Agreed! Even though I think I'm getting ripped off, going to be movies still brings back memories from when I used to go with my family or with my friends every time we wanted to go out. Ah, nostalgia can make me do anything.

4. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I think that there would be a lot of value in it if it did not cost so much. Thirty years ago you could get a movie ticket for two dollars. Now you are lucky to get one for less than eight dollars. That is a 400 percent increase. In that time minimum wage has hardly more than doubled. I call that gouging.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No going to the movies is so expensive I rather wait a few weeks till the movie comes on my cable buy it for 5 bucks and watch in the comfort of my home and don't have to waste an arm and a leg on snacks :)

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I still go to the cinema to watch a movie. For me, it is not so much about the movie as about the experience. A movie at the cinema has a whole aura about it and I will never stop going to the cinema. It is a fun outing.

7. justbuyflowers

justbuyflowersNew Member

Threads:
    I was going to movies with my friends. i enjoyed very much.

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I barely go to the cinema these days. I usually just really download stuff or watch movies from Netflix. But I made sure to see Les Miserables and The Hobbit on the silver screen. There are just movies that should be watched on big screens and those two are definitely among them.

9. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    When I was still in the Philippines, my friends and I (sometimes with my siblings) go to the cinemas to watch a movie every month or whenever a good movie is being shown. This has been one of my regular activities as I love watching movies. But when I got here in the UK, the cinema costs a lot, like 3 or 4 times the cost of what it is in the Philippines. One reason why hubby doesn't like going to the cinemas. Since I got here in the UK, I have never been to the cinemas yet. Sometimes I miss going but just thinking of how much we'd spent, i'd rather use that money to other things and just download the movies online. :)

10. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    I watch those movies in cinema which I know I won't enjoy watching at home. Sometimes you really need to feel the effects and that sorta things. The movies which I watch in the cinema are probably the action, sci-fi and horror. Dark Knight wont look good on your laptop screen. You know what I mean?

11. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    If i want to watch movie with some friends, i would prefer to choose the cinema. Also some movies are really worth watching at cinema, where you can enjoy yourself better. Therefore, there is still value for the exist of cinemas.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to a cinema in years, not because of DVDs though, I just think it is far too expensive. The last time I went I was charged £4 for a Coke!

13. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I honestly don't see the point in going to movies anymore unless you want to see a movie really bad and don't feel like waiting other than that why go I haven't gone to the movies in over a year cause I can handle the wait of a few weeks for it to come out to download or rent it's cheaper and I get to watch it in the comfort of my home

14. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    It's a different experience. Yes, i mostly prefer watching movies in the comfort of my own home, but sometimes you just want to watch the latest action blockbuster with a couple of buddies in a room that blasts you away with a huge screen and loud sound.