Watching movies more than once

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Jennifer • Jun 24, 2012.

1. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    There are many movies that I'd watch more than once. I have an extensive collection of DVDs and I'm always re-watching them. Otherwise, what is the point of buying them in the first place? Some good movies that come to mind are the Indiana Jones movies, the first Jaws movie and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I would never get tired of watching them.

2. izzypopa

izzypopaNew Member

Threads:
    I always love to watch movies more than once, if you focus more on it the second time you start understanding the plot of the movie some more and might even figure out what had you confused previously!

3. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I can watch films loads of times. Especially cartoons like Shrek or Over the hedge. But also "normal" films. I love Boondock Saints and I've watched it a milion times. The same with Lord of the rings and with Pirates from Caribbean. It's effortless, I just do sth and "watch" a film. Because I know it by heart I don't have to focus that much, don't have to pay attention all the time.

4. irubu

irubuNew Member

Threads:
    I will watch some movies many times over because of the entertainment value. Also some movies have plots that are so intricate that you need to watch it again just to see what you missed the first time. This is especially true for complex spy thrillers or mysteries. Some comedy films have been so funny that I have to watch them again because I laughed so hard through it that I may have missed some of the intended humor.

5. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I love watching movies over and over as well. I really don't get why anyone would get tired of good movies. Like my mom, she's a big fan of karate movies like Jet Li, Jean Claude Van Damme and Bruce Lee but she never watches one twice. How can you be a fan when you get bored watching it twice?

6. Lucian

LucianNew Member

Threads:
    I rarely watched one movie twice.

7. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Hah, yeah, there's one Polish comedy I've watched a hundred times or so because frist of all I like it but also because it's so complicated that I couldn't follow and had to watch it again to catch the dependents among characters :D

8. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    She is a fan because she enjoys the performances given, she does not however wish to view the same stunts over and over again.

9. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    There are some movies which I have to watch a few times before I can really understand the full story. One of these is Inception. There are also movies which I watch a few times because I like the story. I don't mean a few times in a row. I may watch it again after a few months or a year. One of these movies is Braveheart.

10. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    one that me and my sister can't get enough of is music and lyrics. Its just something we watch whenever we need a good laugh have watched it so much and still haven't got tired of it yet.

11. theaaa

theaaaNew Member

Threads:
    It depends on the movie. There are some movies I can't stand, and others that I can keep on watching over and over again. But in general, I guess I can watch a movie again if I haven't seen it in a year or so.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only buy a movie on DVD if I think it's a movie I could watch again and again. Otherwise it would be a waste of money to have it in my permanent collection. One poster said it's pointless to watch a movie repeatedly because the story doesn't change. But it's not about the story changing or not. It's about enjoying the experience of the movie, seeing your favorite characters again, and hearing lines of dialogue that you probably quote every day.
    I've seen Office Space so many times that I actually quote Samir and Michael's cursing when I hurt myself or drop something. That movie is now part of my language and I quote it without even thinking about it.

13. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I rewatch movies all the time. Sometimes I just like knowing it is a quality movie, and can rely on certain titles. I have watched 500 Days of Summer and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind quite a few times. I also never get sick of Scream. Such a good horror movie.

14. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    Movies are my vice, I can watch the same movie many times, either on DVD or cable. Netflix helps with this also. As far as going to the movies to see them for the first time? I only pay to see it once, if I like it I wait for it to be released to sell and then I purchase it. A simple night out at the movies can cost a family of 4 at least 40 dollars, and that is if the ticket prices are less then 10 each, which isnt the case often. Currently the price is 12.00 a person in my area. So once is enough for me to see it in theaters. When they go up for sale for 15-25 you can watch it as many time as you would like without costing anymore money.

15. Devamma

DevammaNew Member

Threads:
    I'm generally a repeat-movie watcher. Because I watch so many movies in general, I usually end up repeat-viewing a movie if I just turn on the TV. The movies I've watched the most number of times though are: Star Wars, the Dark Knight Trilogy, all the Harry Potter movies, and generally every single major sci-fi & fantasy blockbuster there is.

16. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    I don't watch movies again and again!

I feel that the initial "magic" is lost after the first screening, and there is absolutely no reason to see it again. This is very different from everyone else, I know, but I just can't sit through something I've already seen before. Unless its an amazing, amazing movie... which I haven't found yet!

17. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    I'll only watch a movie again if enough time has passed for me not to remember almost anything from it, i only find it enjoyable if i have no idea what going to happen, watching a movie again while still remembering every detail is quite boring.

18. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    For me it realy depends on the movie. I have seen many classics that I can watch every year. Some I have forced my children to watch. I have seen Second Hand Lions at least 4 times. I have also seen the big chill a number of times. On Golden pond is another classic I can watch as well as Dawn of the Dead. Who can get tired of that. Some movies however are so stupid I can barely get through them the first time. I have eclectic movie tastes. I like what I like. I am also a huge John Wayne fan and have seen many of his movies too many times to say.

19. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    No joke I've probably seen Jaws close to 100 times. I wear my DVD out. I've also seen Pineapple Express many times, for some reason it's always funny to me.

20. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    Depends on the film.

Something like Irreversible or Martyrs (amazing movies) I could never watch twice within months of the first time simply because of the huge (and disturbing) emotional impact they have.

Classic action or comedy films like the original Star Wars trilogy etc. though, I can - and have - seen several times in a single week.