Watching movies more than once

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Jennifer • Jun 24, 2012.

1. sinuous

sinuousNew Member

Threads:
    There are some movies that I rewatch! Iron Man, Harry Potter, and a couple small local movies that most of you probably don't know about. However, I find it more enjoyable rewatching TV shows, rather than movies. TV shows get you hooked, and you are sort of stuck in a chain of events and you have to keep watching. That's why I like rewatching TV shows better than movies. Just my opinion.

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I can easily watch Eternal Sunshine or Oldboy or GITS: Innocence or really any naval contemplating movie over and over again. It is less to do with me and more to do with the commentary going on inside my head. I like to interact mentally with the work and if I can't do that then - blah.

3. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    I generally do not watch a movie more than once. If I have not seen a movie in a good few years a may watch it. My husband will watch his Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson movies over and over again. I personally am not interested in a movie after I have seen it once already.

4. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Cable does this often. They play movies like 4 sometimes 5 times a day. The same movie! I will watch a film before going to work. Then when I arrive back home that same movie is playing again. It's like really?

5. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    harry Potter is totally something that I could watch all over again. I love the duel scenes. I don't rewatch tv shows that much. The magic in Harry Potter truly does not fade away. I can't believe it's actually ended already.

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    If a movie I like, I I can see any number of times. Every time I see it again is an opportunity to find details, enjoy the scenes, review the actions of the protagonists. I think the same thing happens with a good book. At least that's my opinion. I love watching films in other languages​​, and when I find one that I find attractive, I repeat to capture issues ignored by my ignorance of the language. There are some movies that I know from start to finish, even the dialogues. I'm not a fanatic, but I enjoy the cinema. Besides, I think that seeing a movie at a certain age, it's different to see a few years later. You have to live that experience. :D

7. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I do watch movies more than once but that is extremely rare. I saw each part of Lord of the Rings at least 3-4 times since they were such good films. Sometimes the movie makes you think and offer clues throughout but you only realize them once the movie ends. Inception, The Sixth Sense can be clubbed in such category so it is almost mandatory to watch such movies more than once.

8. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    i do that a lot. i guess its not that much different than re-listening to a song you really like... its not always just about the story...but various aspects that appeal to people sometime more than others...like the music, a scene, the acting, a moral. inspiration, the effects. etc

9. Terri

TerriMember

Threads:
    I love to watch movies more than once. There was a time in my life where I could watch a movie every day for about a month and not get sick and tired of it. Often times, when I did decide to stop watching one movie it was because another movie took it's place. I also can watch comedies are very well paced action or drama flicks. When the beginning of the movie is really slow and then leads into a climax, I can't watch those movies more than once, because the only thing that fulfills me is the ending... and why sit through almost two hours of a movie when you know the payoff? Movies like Pulp Fiction, Taxi Driver, and Avatar are movies I can watch time and time again, because there are many special moments within the film, and not just the ending or climax.

10. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Watching a movie in the theater is a one-time thing for me. In rare circumstances, I will pay to see a movie twice.

These days, if I want to see a movie again after it is on DVD, I just get it from Netflix or from Netflix Streaming.

11. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just watch a movie once. But I can't say the same about Adam Sandler's movies. I totally adore him, and I don't get tired of watching his flicks. But my favorites are "Big Daddy", "The Wedding Singer" and"Just Go With It" - these I probably watched around 10-15 times.

12. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    There are many movies that I watch over and over because I really like them for their story line, plot or acting. Those are the ones that I look for at Big Lots for between $3 and $5. Rudy, 17 Again, P.S. I love you and Gridiron Gang are just some of the titles...mostly sports related and chick flicks (yea I know each end of the spectrum LOL). I don't watch them repeatedly in a row but there are a few that I know all the words to because I have watched it so much. Back in the VHS day...I have wore out quite a few tapes lol

13. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I occasionally watch movies more than once. I'll also reread books. I definitely don't watch any movie or read any book a second time right after I watched or read it the first time. It might be months or years later and I'll want to see or read it again. For instance, I recently watched all of the Harry Potter movies again, this time with my kids. I'm about to start rereading the Wheel of Time series in preparation for the final installment which is coming out later this year.

14. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    Yes I do watch movies more than ones for example the Back to the Future trilogy I must have seen like 100 times I just love that movie I know what they are going to say before they say it. There are just some people who just love watching movies and others who don't some people don't care about the ending just the journey there while on the other hand people like you care about the end and get bored when you know what is going to happen.

15. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    The best reason to watch a movie many times is because you are the type of person who can be entertained by something even though you know what is going to happen. The second reason is if a movie is not easy to follow the first few times. My wife are highly entertained by Scarface with Al Pacino even though we have seen it together more than 100 times.

16. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I have some movies that I could watch almost every day and not even think about it; most of the time I watch a movie once but there are a select few that will never get old.

17. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    How coincidental that you mentioned Titanic, because it is my all time favorite movie. It's one of the few I own. I've probably seen it 5-6 times. Other than that, there are very few other movies I'd see more than once. Ones that does come to mind is Dumb and Dumber (that movie cracks me up every time) and my husband has this weird obsession with A Walk to Remember (crushing on Mandy Moore) and has seen it at least 10 times.

18. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    I barely have the concentration to watch an entire movie in one sitting.. due to this I often find myself having to rewatch something a few months down the line in order to pick up on bits I missed. I also have friends who go and watch movies multiple times at the cinema! It's so expensive and what an absolute waist of time. I am all about TV series - short ones.

19. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Depends on the movie. But if it's too complicated to get in my first attempt to watch it, I'll give it another shot. But if it's just a good movie, I won't watch it again, second times make it boring.

20. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've definitely seen Eternal Sunshine more than once, and I felt like it was a different movie every time I watched it. There are just so many little things to watch for, is the thing, and also the psychological aspect of the plot becomes different depending on what mindset you're in.